Thread: t200 blowback

t200 blowback

Picked up a mint condition t200. Slight problem of air blowback from the breach when firing. This is the frist 200 i have had so unsure if this is normal or will i have to get a new breach seal. Its an older gun serial number 009972. Chrono puts it at 11.51 on bisley mags, guess it's pre anti tamper as well. Obviously its the target model just wondered if anyones got an age for this little rifle. Had to add a home made spacer to cheek and butt to fit me, but for 100 quid with scope and aa silencer plus a few other bits and bobs couldnt turn it down. Just curious of age and blowback issue.

The breech seal is a small O ring on the front of the bolt probe. Don't see how it can leak, and still do 11.5 fpe.

Gus
    The ox is slow, but the earth is patient.

that was my thought about power ie if blowing back through the breach past the o ring then there would be a drop in power. obviously aware the power goes up with the heavier the pellet. however tested on bisley mags and when got home put the new h&n baracuda hunters through it. they love my steyer and are accurate so would like to continue using them. they are tight in the steyer but seemed to fit the 200 fine. just had another look and feel of o ring and feels a bit hard. maybe needs replacing as not sealing that well. assume rifle must be pre anti tamper. if this is case may have to be a bit careful when replaced as it may be over the limit. anyone any other bright ideas?