Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2011 Webley Tempest

Has there been an official review of the 2010 Tempest, pictures etc? I'm a bit skeptical when it comes to Webley these days, they're very good at re-labeling another manufacturers product!
    Webley Vulcan .22, Webley Tempest .177, Beeman Kodiak .25, Beeman R9 .177, Weihrauch HW30 .177, Slavia 618 .177, Colt Commander .45ACP, Browning Hi-Power 9mm, Bushmaster AR-15 5.56/.223

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcanator View Post
    Has there been an official review of the 2010 Tempest, pictures etc? I'm a bit skeptical when it comes to Webley these days, they're very good at re-labeling another manufacturers product!
    They are made in Turkey as far as I can gather, I don't think Webley makes anything at all nowadays. Webley has for a long time been nothing more than a trading name so to speak that has changed hands a number of times in the recent past.
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

Quote Originally Posted by slowcoach View Post
    £200 +? You can't polish a turd that much, even if it's in a fake leather box.
    Just bang them out full time at sensible money, they'll sell and add kudos to the Brummie made survivors like everything else so far that has a lick of turk to it!
    My late father had a saying, if someone said to him " you can't polish a turd" he would always reply as quick as a flash "aaah but you can roll one in glitter "
    Most people were lost for words after that...... RIP Dad

Quote Originally Posted by Lakey View Post
    My late father had a saying, if someone said to him " you can't polish a turd" he would always reply as quick as a flash "aaah but you can roll one in glitter "
    Most people were lost for words after that...... RIP Dad
    Very good, must remember that.

I've been hemming and hawing as to whether to go for the boxed Centennial. On reflection, I don't really feel as if it's a 'real' Webley somehow, from a collecting point of view I mean, so for £200 I'm going to pass.

If someone on here gets bored with theirs and I can buy it a little cheaper however....

webley tempest

Buy a nice second hand Tempest for about £80-£90 and the new case for £70 and you have a proper UK 'Webley' Webley in the leather case for £150-£160 and not some foreign copy of the real thing

Much better value IMO and if looked after, also a fair investment
    Get those empty cases before they are gone.

John
    hold me back !!

Quote Originally Posted by pennineway.fswo View Post
    Buy a nice second hand Tempest for about £80-£90 and the new case for £70 and you have a proper UK 'Webley' Webley in the leather case for £150-£160 and not some foreign copy of the real thing

Much better value IMO and if looked after, also a fair investment
    Get those empty cases before they are gone.

John

Thats exactly what I did - Original Brum Tempest now housed in a New Webley Box

Appinpar68

http://img824.imageshack.us/i/tempest1.jpg/

You have to be careful about this Turkish thing.
    Friend and I were handed a New Webley Raider rifle made in Turkey and for the price it looked pretty good.
    Luckily we were able to have a go about the rubber bolt which looked like the rubber thing you see on the end of national health walking sticks.
    How we laughed....until the shopowner pulled off the rubber boot put on the bolt for transport protection

mrto

Quote Originally Posted by appinpar68 View Post
    Thats exactly what I did - Original Brum Tempest now housed in a New Webley Box

Appinpar68

http://img824.imageshack.us/i/tempest1.jpg/
    Or better still,buy a good Mk1,Senior or early blued steel Premier from the days when Webley made quality pistols and put that in said box.200 pounds for a knock off of a quality compromised original!No thanks.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by slowcoach View Post
    £200 +? You can't polish a turd that much, even if it's in a fake leather box.
    Just bang them out full time at sensible money, they'll sell and add kudos to the Brummie made survivors like everything else so far that has a lick of turk to it!
    Actually its a real leather box....

Fantastic I'll buy one then.

Another myth bites the dust then Harvey.
    And of course leather isnt cheap and Umarex pistols are getting close to or over £200.
    So maybe £200 is a fair price.
    Mind you when things are made as collectables they dont tend to appreciate as there are plenty around in mint condition.
    Been caught on model cars like that. Everybody wants the ordinary models that have been looked after.
    Was the BSA Centenary rifle a good investment? 1000 of them made.