Thread: Bsa Merlin help please (broken stock)

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice

Bsa Merlin help please (broken stock)

I have just got a Merlin with a broken stock. It has split off above the front stock screws and the broken off bits aren,t with it. (1) has anybody got a stock for it? (2) could any of you woodworkery types repair this stock? It is way beyond my skills even if I had the tools (3) I cannot remember---should there be a spring on the cocking arm pivot pin? There is a sort of hairpin spring with the gun but I am not sure if itis a part of it. I have found the trigger spring and replaced that. There is a trigger guard that is not off the gun as well although the proper one is with it. Thanks
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

Hi,

I have a spare Merlin Mk2 stock in pretty good shape. Someone has inset small brass plates into either side of the butt and luckily not marked or engraved them. Other than that the finish is clean and original. Yours for £30 posted if of use.

Kind regards,
    John

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    A bit of an update on this thread!
    I bought the stock off John, then a chap off this forum offered to repair the broken one.
    I posted it off to him and until last year spoke to him a few times a year on the phone. Usually it was "Hiya mate. I was just looking at that stock" usually followed by "Give me your address again and I'll get it done and post it back to you"

I have a feeling it is probably still propped up in his shed waiting for the repair or maybe it went for firewood a long time ago.

The chap has not been on the forum for about 9 years.

Oh well----maybe in the New Year?
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

thats not good bud