Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who has got the earliest Scorpion pistol ?

Quote Originally Posted by gedfinn 2 View Post
    These are the original flyers for both items, quoting power levels for both:

Scorpion

Buccaneer

Any item with power levels listed by the manufacturer as being that of an air pistol, is regarded as being an air pistol.
    This subject has been discussed on the BBS previously, and as far as I am aware the Buccaneer has always been regarded as a Scorpion with an extended barrel and a shoulder stock, with the same power plant, which is exactly what it is, as the same Mainspring, part No: 16-3114, is listed for both, and the Piston, part No: 16-3082 is listed for both, along with the Piston Head, Part No: 16-3110 is listed for both.
    There is, however, a different piston listed for the .22 Scorpion, Part No: 16-3187, although the Piston Head is the same for both.

Here's a picture of my Homebrew Scorpion 'Shadow'. It was allegedly tuned by 'Welham' before I bought it complete with scope and silencer, and I have to admit it's the smoothest Scorpions I've ever shot.
    I cut down and sprayed a Buccaneer stock, which is why the fore end is a different shape, and reaches further forward than the normal Shadow stock, which is shown in the second picture.

Scorpion Shadow Homebrew

Scorpion Shadow

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    They are superb David. Thank you for showing and sharing.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

there superb,very nicely done ,the scorpion flyer was of great interest to ;where it warns you to ensure of your background ! as its max range is 350yds i presume thats at the optimum angle.
    i imagine they are pretty accurate to boot.
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,

That is nice.

I got offered a Scorpion a few months back along with a Buccaneer. £140 for the pair. Wasn't into pistols then (and always thought the buccaneer to be an ugly gun ) and turned both down.

Went back a few weeks ago after I got the pistol collecting bug - long gone.

PS: David, are you the lucky so and so with a display cabinet full of Webley pistols? I remember someone posting a pic of such a long while back.

Quote Originally Posted by red bob View Post
    there superb,very nicely done ,the scorpion flyer was of great interest to ;where it warns you to ensure of your background ! as its max range is 350yds i presume thats at the optimum angle.
    i imagine they are pretty accurate to boot.
    very optimum angle, with a bit of a tailwind . Most manufacturer's build in quite a safety margin - Crosman say 550 yards on the EB pistol boxes. That's over half a kilometre...
    Last edited by ashf9999; 06-02-2011 at 09:34 PM. Reason: sp.

Dunno how old this is but it had been left in a fishing basket for fifteen years when it was brought to me a few years ago, it had siezed up and couldn't be cocked
    I freed it with compressed air, there was grease in there that had turned to a similar state to plastic!!!

Scorpion 1

Scorpion 2

I had to make a new buffer as the plazzie one had crumbled and a spacer of ice cream carton!!
    New leather buffer

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by Punchsteve View Post
    That is nice.

PS: David, are you the lucky so and so with a display cabinet full of Webley pistols? I remember someone posting a pic of such a long while back.
    Do you mean this one:

Webley Air Pistols

Not a lot of luck involved, just quite a few years of careful collecting.

Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    Do you mean this one:

Webley Air Pistols

don't forget to put a lock on that in case there's children nearby!

Do you mean this one:

Webley Air Pistols

The pic I remember is a glass cabinet like the ones people use to display ornaments in, chock full of pistols aligned neatly in a row, butt outwards. I may have you confused with another member.

But now that you mention it, yours is rather nice as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ashf9999 View Post
    don't forget to put a lock on that in case there's children nearby!
    No sprogs in this vicinity.

My own humble beginnings of a collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Punchsteve View Post
    The pic I remember is a glass cabinet like the ones people use to display ornaments in, chock full of pistols aligned neatly in a row, butt outwards. I may have you confused with another member.

But now that you mention it, yours is rather nice as well.
    That would be 'Pat' from Portsmouth. I remember seeing the picture.
    I wouldn't fill a cabinet like that, as a large part of my collection is boxed, in fact some of those in the picture have boxes.

rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

o i like that one,found in a fishing basket!! and bought back to life thats what i like to hear its great to see the prime examples but like gggr i find it as interesting to bring them back from the brink or further if there is enough to rebuild and refurbish ;i always get a bit disappointed when any model is broken up as a donor ,o yes even a relum my loft is an intensive care for several such examples ,now scorpions of which there seems to be a fair quantity;once that trigger starts playing up the do it yourself surgery starts useualy leaving a disassembled corpse scattered around in frustration ;all those trigger components turning on a single pin engaging on a half round catch ,a recipe for a frequently untimely end.i havent quite mastered it yet ,but guy assures me that the simple grafting on of a third limb is all thats required to hold it all in place;all for a simple little safety catch .
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,

These are the original flyers for both items, quoting power levels for both:

Scorpion

Buccaneer

Any item with power levels listed by the manufacturer as being that of an air pistol, is regarded as being an air pistol.
    What separates a rifle from a pistol in terms of it's build and legality I do not know, however the current Crosman 2240 and 2250 only differ in that the 2250 has a different stock and barrel - yet legally one is a pistol and the other a rifle.

With respect, the flyer for the buccaneer states "...has produced in the buccaneer a full sized but compact air rifle."

BSA themselves list the buccaneer in the chronology as;
    1977 Introduction of the Buccaneer air rifle.

I must confess a vested interest though as I own a Buccaneer http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/w...r/S6302089.jpg

I also own a .22 and .177 Scorpion both transitional models as they have mk1 rear sights but also have scope rails in the cylinder.

As has been posted previously thanks to all for posting pictures esp. the Shadow (still looking for one!)

Does any one have the Trooper variant?