Thread: Umarex Beretta adjustable sights on a CP88 question

Umarex Beretta adjustable sights on a CP88 question

So miracle of miracles I have discovered an online store who had a set of Umarex Beretta micrometer sights in stock. Rare as hen's teeth or rocking horse s*** since Umarex discontinued them so I snapped them up today.

Now the thing is, the rear micro sight is common to both the Beretta and the CP88 BUT the fore sights are different, have a different mounting, and are taller to be level with the rear sight...you see I've one my research!

The question is exactly how much taller is the CP88 fore sight than the original? My plan is now that I have tracked down one micrometer sight I may swap it from the Beretta to the CP88 occasionally when the mood takes me. Since I'm getting the correct Beretta fore sight that's not a problem but I'm thinking of making my own CP88 fore sight or maybe a small slip over extension to save having to remove the whole front sight every time. I haven't worked it out yet.

Can any of you guys out there who have the CP88 micrometer sights tell me the height and width of the foresight that comes with the CP88 micrometer please?

I'll post my design if it works if others are interested.

Many thanks,
    Mark

Same width, the larger sight is 15mm top to bottom including the internal bit, the smaller is 10mm over all, so you are looking at an additional 5mm.

Hope that's a help.

Quote Originally Posted by Minuteman View Post
    Same width, the larger sight is 15mm top to bottom including the internal bit, the smaller is 10mm over all, so you are looking at an additional 5mm.

Hope that's a help.
    It is indeed, thanks. The sights arrived today. The irony is they were in the Beretta packaging with Beretta instructions but the foresight was the CP88 version. Looks like I'll be making one out of brass, 5mm taller.

Quote Originally Posted by mrose View Post
    It is indeed, thanks. The sights arrived today. The irony is they were in the Beretta packaging with Beretta instructions but the foresight was the CP88 version. Looks like I'll be making one out of brass, 5mm taller.
    Hi mrose, where did you manage to find the adjustable sights from? I am after those too and they are extremely hard to find.

Front sight for CP88?

A bit of a long shot now, as this thread is old, but I just wondered if you still had/ would be willing to sell the CP88 front sight, please? (When I fit my Sound Biter silencer, it obscures the standard front sight....

Thanks!
    S200 .177 with 10-shot conversion and Simmons 44 Mag 3.8-12x44mm Diamond WA, S510 .177 with Hawke Vantage IR 3-9x40mm (& PARD NV007A), TX200HC .22 with Nikko Sterling Panamax 3-9x40 AO IR, Weihrauch HW45 .177 with Dowling & Rowe red dot, Walther CP88 .177