Thread: is there a pistol that rivals the hw45 in power,acuracy and build qaulity

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The HW45 is a great pistol, although powerful, it's not as powerful as some like to think, but it certainly is a high quality air pistol, accurate, very well made and is built of good materials. the Dual Power cocking is a nice feature. I have one and while I do enjoy it and respect it, I do find it very clinical and lacking in soul, I also think it's downright ugly. The top half is way out of proportion with the grip, and what styling touches it does have are pointless and unnecessary.

There are pistols with much less power, less well finished, and of a lower quality than the HW45 that are much more fun to shoot, much more satisfying, or just generally more enjoyable to shoot than the HW45, good though it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob M View Post
    although powerful, it's not as powerful as some like to think,
    I think HW must have tuned down the later pistols, as the earlier ones all seem to make good power, but the hand cannon reputation still remains. Mine that I got off here a few years ago, came without the tru-glo sights and without any fettling from me does near 600fps with RWS Gecos all day long. The one I got new in 1986 although I sadly no longer have it, had a fair bit of poke too, but chronos weren't as common back then.