I have been reading through this and I would like to add that I have tried three ST barrels in three different rifles and they were all outstanding in both .177 and .22

I have nothing to gain from saying this at all, I have been friends with Ben for quite a few years but I wouldnt say something is outstanding if it wasnt because for one thing people who bought them would be pretty pissed off with me!

These barrels have already won several BR comps in the US and those boys would soon complain if there was any doubt with performance at all!

When I first heard about the ST barrel I looked at the calendar to see if it was April 1 But this barrel works superbly, so those doubting/slagging it off should try one first before telling us all how rubbish they are

As for cheap to produce, I know that over £90K has been spent in development of just a few barrels, so if you think thats cheap then you must have some sort of salary

I dont know if the ST idea would work on Centrefire rifles what with the pressures involved but if it did then it would change CF shooting forever, imagine having high velocity rifles that dont need new barrel every 1000 shots, the custom barrel makers would all be jumping off cliffs And the joy of far, far, less barrel cleaning

I dont know how Ben thought of this one, but as hes a boffin who is always improving things I aint too surprised, one thing I would say is feel sorry for any car dealer that sells Ben a new car, because if it dont do what it says on the packet they will soon know about it, Audi for one

Smooth Twist is something I am surprised hasnt been snapped up by a big company who makes barrels and shelved, like they did with the everlasting light bulb decades ago