Quote Originally Posted by rodp View Post
One other thing that should be taken in to consideration regarding all the hype about smooth twist barrels is ease / cost of manufacturing. If they are (and the hype says they are) just externally formed without dies / cutting tools etc the speed, and therefore cost, of manufacturing will be greatly reduced.
When it comes to profit wording can be manipulated to mean a lot of things

Regarding all the articles about smooth twist, I would take it all with a pinch of salt at the moment. All the reviews and articles so far (that I have seen) have been in magazines and magazines rely on advertising (both current and future), read into that what you will.

I've never seen a smooth twist, let alone tried one, but when I do I'll bear in mind that there's a lot of external forces that can / will try to influence peoples opinion of them.
All published tests have been carried out with total honesty, your post suggests that the writers are lying and I influence the outcome by advertising my barrels in there magazines, give me the month and title of the magazine if that is the case or dont put in print something you may regret.
You can come and test SmoothTwist for yourself on our indoor range any time you like if it will make you happy, however I am sure your blinkered aproach will endure.

Ben

Ben