Quote Originally Posted by Adam77K View Post
If these barrels deliver what the people in the know claim, then they will be the holy grail for FT shooters. There's not that much improvement available in pure group size from a good barrel and with good pellets. But if a barrel could deliver that level of accuracy, reduce the need to seek out specific batches of pellets, reduce the need to clean, and all that together with a potential improvement in wind performance from the better BC I can see the tubes (and rifles fitted with them) changing hands for considerable sums.
To pick up on the barrel cleaning, I forgot to mention in my reply to Simmmo that I shot a total of 14 different pellets through the Elan and did not clean the barrel once.

The potential lessening of susceptibility to wind drift through improved BC did not escape our attention. My first tests were in a following force 5-6 crossing at roughly 30 degrees and veering. At 50 yards: Mosquito 35mmx34mm. Bisley LRG 37mmx34mm. Superdome 36mmx22mm. The Mosquito group was only 8 pellets because it took me nine shots to get on target, the others 17 pellets each. Three very different pellets, three very similar groups in atrocious conditions.