Thread: Lothar Walther vs. Smooth Twist

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Graham2 is offline Slightly camp, makes decent chilli, and has a box of tissues and a can of 3 In 1 in the gun room
    Quote Originally Posted by rodp View Post
    One other thing that should be taken in to consideration regarding all the hype about smooth twist barrels is ease / cost of manufacturing. If they are (and the hype says they are) just externally formed without dies / cutting tools etc the speed, and therefore cost, of manufacturing will be greatly reduced.
    When it comes to profit wording can be manipulated to mean a lot of things

Regarding all the articles about smooth twist, I would take it all with a pinch of salt at the moment. All the reviews and articles so far (that I have seen) have been in magazines and magazines rely on advertising (both current and future), read into that what you will.

I've never seen a smooth twist, let alone tried one, but when I do I'll bear in mind that there's a lot of external forces that can / will try to influence peoples opinion of them.
    As someone who has actually carried out tests on a SmoothTwist barrelled Ruger10/22 and achieved fantastic results with it at 100 yards, I take exception to a prick like you saying that I have been influenced in any way! You are of course entitled to your opinion, but as you have stated, you've never seen a smooth twist, let alone tried one, so why don't you just **** off until you have!

There, stick that in your (non SmoothTwist) pipe and smoke it, as my Gran used to say.
    Last edited by Graham2; 09-02-2011 at 11:43 PM.

smooth twist

here we go again, throwing dummys out of the pram.

Graham2 is offline Slightly camp, makes decent chilli, and has a box of tissues and a can of 3 In 1 in the gun room
    It's my pram and my dummy, I'll do what I want thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by Graham2 View Post
    As someone who has actually carried out tests on a SmoothTwist barrelled Ruger10/22 and achieved fantastic results with it at 100 yards, I take exception to a prick like you saying that I have been influenced in any way! You are of course entitled to your opinion, but as you have stated, you've never seen a smooth twist, let alone tried one, so why don't you just **** off until you have!

There, stick that in your (non SmoothTwist) pipe and smoke it, as my Gran used to say.
    Hi Graham

Please, have you any links to your testing?

Many thanks

Cam