Thread: HW30 Custom

PiterM Guest

HW30 Custom

I've always liked HW30 airguns so I've decided couple of months ago to build "The Ultimate HW30". I've chosen not plain HW30 but HW30S as the base for my project, mainly because it's equipped with "Rekord" trigger unit, probably the best trigger for sporting springer ever. Than I've fitted new 0.22 cal barrel (just for .22 fun), which I've shortened to 12", crowned and installed Bisley Neutraliser silencer. Lightweight scope? What about Simmons 1.5-5x20 Pro-Diamond? Cool compact scope with clear picture and mag. just great for 20-30 yards. And of course the stock... I've ordered a DYI stock (model "R7 Mirage") from Jim Maccari. It was more rough than I expected but OK, just more fun for me to finish it. I've fitted it for my grip, polished, sealed & filled the grain, oiled and waxed. I've added also small stripling panels for even better grip. Now I have my perfect HW30S, which is ideal for 20-25 yard sniping in the backyard. If I miss than it's only my own mistake, I can't blame my rifle any more. Hope you'll like it...

http://www.guns.com.pl/arch5/hw30s_stock_08.jpg
    http://www.guns.com.pl/arch5/hw30s_stock_09.jpg
    http://www.guns.com.pl/arch5/hw30s_stock_05.jpg
    http://www.guns.com.pl/arch5/hw30s_stock_06.jpg
    http://www.guns.com.pl/arch5/hw30s_stock_07.jpg
    http://www.guns.com.pl/arch5/hw30s_stock_10.jpg

Nice job mate!

Working on a project of my own at the moment, pics will follow later.

Ian

PiterM Guest
    Thanks! BTW, did I mention internal tuning as well? Of course it's re-lubed, but I'll install also new custom made nylon spring guide and new washer

Quote Originally Posted by PiterM
    Thanks! BTW, did I mention internal tuning as well? Of course it's re-lubed, but I'll install also new custom made nylon spring guide and new washer
    Should make it smoother to shoot. You cant go wrong with a HW. Will outlast us if they are looked after mate.
    I have a HW95K which has had a stage 1 venom tune, the stock stripped, stained and oiled, brass inserts in stock and fitted with a gold plated trigger and safety catch. Also fitted is a webley silencer. I think its a little long to be honest but my son uses it and the longer barrel makes it easier to cock. It is the most accurate springer I have ever owned. Its capable of half inch groups at 45 yards in the right hands (which isn't mine unless I'm on top form)
    Oh..its in .177 and running around 11.7 fpe.

Happy shooting...Ian

Excellent job on a lovely rifle.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Johnny - Sweden Guest
    Great rifle - here is my page about this model:

www.geocities.com/johnnyottosson/ny_sida_5

Quote Originally Posted by gumbob
    ...I have a HW95K which has had a stage 1 venom tune, the stock stripped, stained and oiled, brass inserts in stock and fitted with a gold plated trigger and safety catch. ......It is the most accurate springer I have ever owned. Its capable of half inch groups at 45 yards in the right hands (which isn't mine unless I'm on top form)
    Happy shooting...Ian
    Hi Ian, I agree with you about the 95! It's really a fine springer. Give a look at mine:

www.airguns.it

Roberto

This is my odd ball 95 which is fitted with Venom internals. The stock kinda grows on you.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Salvin.
    Those are really good clear pictures.Well done.
    Perhaps you could give us all some details about your 'Club' or shooting ground.
    What sort of airgunning goes on in the Rome area ?
    Graham HW's 90k 97k 99s
    Last edited by manxteddy; 11-01-2005 at 01:35 PM.
    Designer of BASC Logo

Hi Piter,

Nice gun, but what grade of Walnut was that, was it the Standard Grade?

I have ordered a Grade 3 for my 97K and was wondering what kind of quality to expect.

Cheers.
    I play a Fender bass, I shoot a springer. I like things to be, well, dependable

Very nice Piter ! I'd love to try it out.

Bob

Looking good Piter, I used to use a HW80 for Field Target comps, but only had a small back garden to practise in, so I chose a HW50S as a lightweight, low power, economy version, with the same 'quality feel', for daily practise.

John,
    If only I still had those HW's!

Another handsome beast Piter - gun looks good too...!

You have a certain knack of creating very tasteful 'specials' out of relatively ordinary guns - I also loved your Webley Tracker on a previous thread.

Top marks - have you got any more...?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by manxteddy
    Salvin.
    Those are really good clear pictures.Well done.
    Perhaps you could give us all some details about your 'Club' or shooting ground.
    What sort of airgunning goes on in the Rome area ?
    Graham HW's 90k 97k 99s
    Hi Graham,
    the field you see in the pics is a part of a bigger shooting area that the owner give us for enjoy with our airguns. Its a bit flat and boring for my taste, but it's easy to reach from the city (half hour by car) so we use it when we have little time.
    There is another shooting ground we use, north of Rome, really beautiful, but 90km far...so we go there only for the week-end and when we have more time to spend (enjoy).
    We hope to start soon some FT competitions. Unfortunately we need FAC for all airguns over 7,5J ME (5FP) and hunting with this kind of weapons is forbidden, ...these are very big limitations to the use of airguns, but hope in few years we can fullfill the gap and start serius airgunning over here too..
    Strangely..in our Country, having a Fac and an Hunting licence, we can buy any shotgun or rifle, also semiauto, up to 50 BMG (excluded... ) ,with no limitation in numbers, BUT only 6 (six) sporting rifle, like airguns..
    Dont ask me the sense of this.
    Also, we can buy a sub 7,5J airguns without a Fac licence only from a couple of years...
    Roberto

www.airguns.it