Thread: Missing Parts From An EM-GE Mod LP3a Air Pistol

Missing Parts From An EM-GE Mod LP3a Air Pistol

Dear Forum Collective,

A friend has just asked me whether I can get his EM-GE Mod LP3a air pistol into working order. It appears that someone has removed and lost a sear from the gun. At least, it *looks* that way.

Behind the trigger is a small sear but nothing else. There are two sets of holes that look as if they may have been home to a couple of pins.

Can anyone point me to a schematic of the pistol or photos of what a *working* pistol's innards look like? (I had a surf at the library but merely came across another person seeking info.)

Thanks.

Regards,

Mark.
    Came late in life to shooting, but is making up for lost time...

Best I can do but yes, there do seem to be two more parts to the trigger mechanism.

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn75/IainKD/07.jpg

Hope this helps.

Iain

Dear Iain,
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain K D View Post
    Best I can do
    Thanks; that's *exactly* what I needed.
    there do seem to be two more parts to the trigger mechanism.
    There are, indeed. I appear to be missing parts 12 and 13 along with their corresponding pins (parts 41 and 44).
    Hope this helps.
    It certainly *did*.

Can you tell me where you found this? It seems that my Googling skills aren't what I thought they were.

OK, next request: can anyone provide pictures and/or schematics so that I can attempt to make a couple of parts? (Or, of course, where I - or, rather, my *friend* - can buy them?

Thanks, again, Iain.

Regards,

Mark.

The source of the diagram is John Walter's The Airgun Book, the 3rd edition, accompanying the Em-Ge entry where he describes their LP3a, '100 and '101. I simply took a picture of it and stuck it up in your hour of need (so don't feel bad about not being able to find it).

My first thought had been to check this site, which I thought could have had a diagram (as you can see, it does have some original literature).

http://www.muzzle.de/N3/Druckluft/EM...m-ge_lp_3.html

As for more detailed drawings of the individual parts, or a source for spares, I can't help I'm afraid.

Iain

Dear Iain,

Again, thanks for your reply.

I'll take a look at the site you cite (as it were) and see if I can find anything useful. I reckon I'll show the owner the photo that you sent and see what he wants to do now. (The gun isn't in good condition and so I don't think that it's worth spending time to fix it.)

Regards,

Mark.

What would one of these be worth?

I have an LP3a .177 in full working order, with a cocking aid and in a (tatty) box. It still shoot in a reasonably straight line, aimed along both functional sights.

Any help welcomed.

Bennygibbs

I have 3 LP3s none of which can I make so that they cock reliably!

May be able to help with the missing parts.

Steve

A Sad Bit Of News

Quote Originally Posted by Bennygibbs View Post
    I have an LP3a .177 in full working order, with a cocking aid and in a (tatty) box. It still shoot in a reasonably straight line, aimed along both functional sights.

Any help welcomed.
    Sorry; I've no idea. However, I think they're worth very little, hence the intention to make my own parts.
    Quote Originally Posted by steve medlock View Post
    I have 3 LP3s none of which can I make so that they cock reliably!

May be able to help with the missing parts.
    Thanks for that offer, Steve. As I've just stated, I don't think these pistols are worth much - certainly not with missing sears. If you were thinking of "breaking" a pistol, I'd be interested in acquiring parts.

Jack's pistol ain't in great shape. He merely wants to get it working so he give it to his grandson.

Jack rang me a while back and I thought that he'd rang me to kick my ass since I'd done absolutely *nothing* about his pistol. (I did *say* that I'd take a look at it "eventually".)

Unfortunately, he was ringing to tell me that his son had died in a car crash, so fixing the pistol was the last thing on his mind. Sad times, indeed...

Regards,

Mark.

EM-GE LP3a .22 cal

I have just acquired one of the following as a project. any of you guys still working on yours? or have any tips?
    The one grip is badly damaged any suggestions on where to start with that?
    Here comes the pain
    Good deals with : royalscotsgrays Sid66 Ralfy1211 bobmeister DannyT THE ALICE sunnylunan lewispaul1022 u.k.neil Headshotace wild dogman steeleye Gareth W-B Butt1985 PALADIN