Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cometa `Indian`, appraisals

I paid £105 for mine I think, definitely worth that. Of course, thanks to the damnable VCR act, our sponsor no longer sells airguns, and the people that do want quite a bit more than JSR's used to charge.

Rip-off Britain again!

6 Months before the VCR, I bought a S & W 6" from JSR for £94 IIRC. Recently I've seen them advertised for £190!!!!!!! I know the Pound has gone down somewhat, but that's taking the P.
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    but then again I certainly wouldn't describe a HW45 trigger as something even a club standard shooter would be happy with either
    Try adjusting it properly.

It won't equal the trigger on a modern Steyr match pistol, but if correctly set up it is damned good - easily the equal of the likes of the old Walther LP2/LP3 match pistols.

I have had a cometa indian for about two years now. I only have 2 bad points. One is that the cocking lever scratches the cylinder and the second is the plastic breach. However, the plastic breach is well made so it doesn't cause a problem.

Overall i think it is very well made. Once you get used to cocking it is very easy and i think that it is accurate. I can get very tight groups with it.

I have two tempests and although they are completely different in feel i would say that my indain is more fun and a lot more powerful.

I just wish i knew how to take it apart properly to give it a clean. It still smokes after all this time.

I would defo recommend this gun. It is built to last.

Does anyone know where to get a spring for one?

Rich