Thread: New to Airgun BBS

New to Airgun BBS

Hi all!
    I currently shoot my Daystate MK4is and HW97k with a Steve Pope conversion at my local small bore club. I was having a great time getting to grips with both rifles as they perform differently.
    The last time I shot an air rifle it was a springer and the 'famous' HW77 had just come out for sale.
    Well last week at the club some of the members let me have a go with their rimfire rifles and to say that the 'bug' of owning one bit me, would be an understatement. I have been going to the club to become proficient in grouping my shots and am so far happy with my progress. I am now facing a dilemma as I would very much like to own a rimfire rifle. I have completed my FAC with the help of my club secretary and am holding off applying as want to make sure I do not have second thoughts.
    I note that almost all my club members also own air rifles but it is the rimfire rifles they seem to shoot most.
    I would be interested to know if most of the air gunners on this site also own firearms in the form of rimfires? Which do they prefer to shoot and whether any regret having them?

This is a great site as I am able to get a cross section of all shooters and their favoured weapon.

Thanks for taking the time out to read this short introduction.

DeeGee68

Smile Hi

Just an air gun shooter myself mate, would love to try a shot a rimfire one day though!

Thought I might as welcome another new member like myself and in answer to your question I can only say that at the moment I much prefer my rimfire rifles.
    However the only air rifle I have at the moment is a .22 Weirauch springer HW80(i think without checking) as a loaner from a friend so it's maybe not fair to compare them.
    I would say put the applicatiom in you won't regret as you say good forum lot's of info.
    Al

hi and welcome

deano is offline Crack!.......Wheeee........Thup
    you should have a look around the site, as there is a specific area for us powder burning enthusiasts, having a read on there may help you decide one way or another

Mr Magoo is offline Should Have Gone to SecsPavers
    DeeGee68

Hello and Welcome to the BBS.

hi and welcome. Hope you enjoy the forum.
    DAYSTATE MK4 IS ST WITH sidewinder 30 4.5x14-42
    AIR ARMS S200 with hawke sr6
    BERETTA 686 SPECIAL SPORTING

Thanks for the welcome everyone
    Daystate Pulsar .177 with Leupold VX-3 4.5-14X40mm & Weihrauch HW100S