Thread: Not my week for luck with air pistols

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent

Not my week for luck with air pistols

First, I had to substitute Jan's Crosman .357 for my Smith 686 during the Police comp, since the Smith won't puncture the C02 bulb any more.

Then, my Daisy 747 SSP lost pressure during the 6 yard Side Match, to the point where it won't push a pellet out of the barrel (which is consequently now plugged with a pellet), and I had to finish with my HW 70 springer. Which I'm starting to like more all the time.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Well, at least you are giving your guns a good airing – not good to keep them boxed up

Progress?

Good luck with getting your pistols fixed.

My engineering teacher used to preach that when we had a problem there was nothing like going back to basics....sound advice.

Best wishes for some good shooting with your HW70.

Alan

Think yourself lucky Jim.
    Yesterday my friend Brian went to cock his expensive Daystate Air Ranger Rifle and the bolt came out in his hand.
    Magic Nick on here will have advice on the Smith. All I know about the Daisy is that you do sometimes have to adjust the pumping arm clearance.
    I suspect Daisy help is abundant in the States.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Yes, I'm liking more and more, all the time, the simple ruggedness and power of single shot, spring piston action: as compared with the wimpy pump-puff of SSP, and the moving parts complexity and cost of CO2.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

BigEars Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    Yes, I'm liking more and more, all the time, the simple ruggedness and power of single shot, spring piston action: as compared with the wimpy pump-puff of SSP, and the moving parts complexity and cost of CO2.

Jim

Attaboy! You NEED an HW 45!!!!

Took the words right out of my mouth- Big Ears

Pistols

Told you you'd like the HW70, just watch out for the grip splitting if it's a late black plastic one.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEars View Post
    Attaboy! You NEED an HW 45!!!!
    That's got to be the best bit of advice ever given on this forum
    "Men occasionally stumble on the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened" Winston Churchill
    http://planetairgun.com/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by airgunnut View Post
    That's got to be the best bit of advice ever given on this forum
    Agreed!