Thread: clreaning rods

markreid is offline Happy to be fishing and shooting

clreaning rods

Anybody got any recoomendations for a cleaning rod for a .22 got one of the bog standard ones red handled things fine for the cz's etc but wanting a rod to clean out my anshultz target rifle which has a longer barrel
    There is no such thing as a dangerous gun, there are dangeruous people though

Quote Originally Posted by markreid View Post
    Anybody got any recoomendations for a cleaning rod for a .22 got one of the bog standard ones red handled things fine for the cz's etc but wanting a rod to clean out my anshultz target rifle which has a longer barrel
    VFG ones are very good especially if you already use their felts which if you don't I would also recommend.

David

Quote Originally Posted by dave_samk11 View Post
    VFG ones are very good especially if you already use their felts which if you don't I would also recommend.

David
    As above , and don't forget to get the boreguide
    mike

markreid is offline Happy to be fishing and shooting
    what bore guide would be suitable for a anshultz 54 ?
    There is no such thing as a dangerous gun, there are dangeruous people though

If by "red handled ones" you mean the common Parker-Hale rod, most should be long enough for an Anschutz. Lower, or remove, the buttplate and cheekpiece and you'll have more room for the rod to pass through. This way you'll also get a straight stoke. It always puzzles my to see shooters trying to clean with the buttplate raised, bending the rod almost sideways as they go.

Quote Originally Posted by markreid View Post
    what bore guide would be suitable for a anshultz 54 ?
    I got mine from www.intershoot.co.uk , or you could try also bedfordtargetsupplies.co.uk and then there is www.edinkillie.co.uk . I have the green plastic one which fits my 1913 supermatch which has a 54 action .

Intershoot is good for little bits and bobs,I manage fine with my ovis wire pull through.
    Rude fat dog .22lr custom. .44 ruger 77
    .17 hmr cz. .45 marlin u/l
    30-06 rifle x2. 12 shot benelli m2

I believe even the Parker red_handled ones come in differing lengths, I have a standard and a long, ask in your loçal gunshop.
    Pistol & Rifle Shooting in the Highlands with Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club. <StrathRPC at yahoo.com> or google it.
    No longer Pumpin Oil but still Passin Gas!