Thread: firebirdtargets.co.uk

firebirdtargets.co.uk

Hi All
    Just received firebird exploding targets for air rifle shooting from firebirdtargets so off i went with my target box and a said exploding targets put tape around a post so sticking orange firebird to walkd away 30 mtr and shot on box target till i wanted to see the action on firebird and wow the result is truly brill. the explosion bang is greater than my shot gun and as it was getting around sunset the orange flash was also a stand up moment with the old boy farmer who now wants to be a lad again.
    I must urge you all to look at the internet site. The items arnt cheap and you will only use the as a treat or put the odd one behind a paper target as to make your mate S*** him self.

I do not think I will be using them.

Not seen that before, a first poster replying to a first poster !

The targets sound fun, might have to get a few for my lad, sure he'll be impressed if they make lots of mess & go bang.

Quote Originally Posted by Chandlers View Post
    sure he'll be impressed if they make lots of mess & go bang.
    Bunnies do that if you're using a .22-250

We use the Shooting Star Firebirds at my local clay club. I often pick up the ones that wernt hit and shoot at them with my air gun. Can be a lot of fun, especially around dusk.

I have been pondering about getting some of the smaller Airflash Firebirds. They are smaller and apparently go off easier.
    The Shooting Star ones are designed to be hit by shot, the more shot that hits it the better the explosion. I hit a Shooting Star Firebird near the edge and it didn't trigger it. This isn't the case with Airflash ones.

These look good fun, we saw them down at the CLA gamefair at Blenheim palace.

They did seem to attract a fair amount of attention actually.

A novelty item but fun to use all the same.

Liam

Bunnies do that if you're using a .22-250
    Coffee all over the place now !!

I was thinking of getting some for shoot offs in our private comps, bullseye at 50yds tester. Wonder if the rimmy will obliterate them or will they explode.... feel an experiment coming on.
    Wish we could have tannerite in this country.

I had the fortune of testing these and selling them for a short while as they are made about 5 mins down the road from me!

The 65mm shooting star is a brilliant piece of kit especially when used with people that don't know they are attached! Although when we first recieved them there were no instructions and shot the 65 shooting star at 25m through x7 scope it left me seeing a green flashing light for about 5 minutes haha!

I have found the air rifle version is equally as impressive provided you use the magnetic backing provided when you buy the kit otherwise they have a tendancy to fail even on direct hits!

I would def recommend them to anyone that wants a laugh or to spice up a target session!

Regards

Chris
    If you can't drop it in one shot, You can't Drop it!