Thread: Bell Target Pubs in the Midlands Area

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Bell Target Pubs in the Midlands Area

I have recently been told of a pub in the Wolverhampton area, that had a beautifully wooden cased Bell target as one of the pub's fixtures. Apparently the case is of substantial build and dates back around 100 years. Unfortunately the shooter who told me the story cannot remember exactly where the pub was but tells me he visited the pub around 4-5 years ago. Silly so and so was probably in the pub for a drink rather than research, as would be the case with me of course!

Long shot I know but does anyone know of this or any similar pub as it would make an interesting item to photograph and indeed research?

Kind regards,
    John

Hi John,

If you don't get any info..try Thimblehouse (on here) he's from the Waltonlions belltarget club & they were very helpfull to us when we first set up...coming over with all sorts of gear to show us..they have a website & promote this style of...civilised shooting.. do a search on one of my old threads..as those guys shoot in that area & might know the very pub you are seeking to find..if it serves Bank's mild too..try some...nectar..all in the way of "research" of course...

try

try searching frank spittle i recolect he was a forefarther in bell shooting in midlands.shame its still not a venue to have a pint and a ring.but then drinking and shooting .may b not.

Hi Mr.45,

Frank wrote the book..as it were...but Belltarget shooting has been going for 100 years & still survives..I believe we are the latest club to form...Melbourne R.B.L. Marksmen Club..in derbyshire.

Thanks Chris and yes, I know Banks' Mild to be a lovely pint. Rare to see any mild in my neck of the woods!

Kind regards,
    John

Bell Target