Thread: FEINWERKBAU HISTORY No.1 OWNERS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I'm using .362 ball, 11 grains swiss number 1, and 10 thou 3/4" patch lubed with Ballistol.

I'm averaging 89, 10 from 13, with a best score of 95.

I have fairly large hands, and have never had a problem with the grip, as far as I'm aware, they do not supply different size grips.

Thanks wobbley, have you tried a 15 thou patch and do you use the FWB adjustable loading rod ? If you do use the FWB rod, is it worth me getting one or not or will the traditional type work just as good? Just one more question; I have a load of Thompson Bore Butter which I use over the top of the balls when loading my FWB revolver, do you reckon this is ok to lube the patches with ? Thanks.
    Remember, it is the strongest character that God gives the most challenges.

I do use a 15 thou patch and a 362 ball. I've not bothered with the adjustable loading rod as I have so many different pistols and calibres, I use one with interchangeable starters and tips.

I use Wonderlube on the patches and lube them almost individually and then pop them back into a plastic bag on a radiator. That way the lube flows all the way through the material and gives a very even result. As to grouping, my scores have been high 90's with one card that was 10 in a one shot group inside the 10 ring.

The only problem I had was when the trigger return spring lost some tension and it went so light it wasn't controllable.

If you are looking for patches, contact Chris Tanner at www.jt-bullet-moulds.co.uk. They do them in all sizes and thicknesses and are generally nice people.

J Tanner does the 12 thou patches. Top bloke to deal with too

Dougie

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Is this a revolver, or a single shot pistol?

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Single shot pistol Jim, superb piece of kit. Tanners do advertise the patches but I can't get hold of him. Anyone know who sells Swiss No.1 in the south ?
    Remember, it is the strongest character that God gives the most challenges.

Pantiles Vintage Guns in Tunbridge Wells stock Swiss No 1

details here www.pantilesguns.co.uk

also Peter Starley, see www.black-powder.co.uk/bp.htm