Thread: FEINWERKBAU HISTORY No.1 OWNERS

FEINWERKBAU HISTORY No.1 OWNERS

I would like to contact any owners of the Feinwerbau History No.1 (Billingshurst) pistol as I would like some info. Thanks.
    Remember, it is the strongest character that God gives the most challenges.

I've got one of these and have used it to good effect. I think it's one of the most accurate pistols I've ever owned (and I've had a few now!).

What sort of info are you looking for?

Just bought one a month back brand new, lovely piece of engineering, silky smooth trigger very accurate. PM me if you need to know anything

Dougie

I've got one, also a friend of mine has one.

It is my favorite pistol, and since I bought it two years ago, my shooting has greatly improved.

What info you after.

Thanks for the replies. I want to get back into target shooting so a few weeks ago I bought one of these pistols from a friend in Germany. I've not had the time to us it yet and I'm still getting all the kit together. The manual says to use a patch of 12 thou with a 362 ball diameter. I'm having trouble getting patches of exactly this size and wondered if it is essential to do things by the manual, to get the best results, and if not, what you owners of this gun are using, like patch thickness, charge weight, what lube etc, and the results you are getting ? Do you guys find the grip very small ? I'm hoping there is a larger size available.

I'm using .362 ball, 11 grains swiss number 1, and 10 thou 3/4" patch lubed with Ballistol.

I'm averaging 89, 10 from 13, with a best score of 95.

I have fairly large hands, and have never had a problem with the grip, as far as I'm aware, they do not supply different size grips.

Thanks wobbley, have you tried a 15 thou patch and do you use the FWB adjustable loading rod ? If you do use the FWB rod, is it worth me getting one or not or will the traditional type work just as good? Just one more question; I have a load of Thompson Bore Butter which I use over the top of the balls when loading my FWB revolver, do you reckon this is ok to lube the patches with ? Thanks.

I do use a 15 thou patch and a 362 ball. I've not bothered with the adjustable loading rod as I have so many different pistols and calibres, I use one with interchangeable starters and tips.

I use Wonderlube on the patches and lube them almost individually and then pop them back into a plastic bag on a radiator. That way the lube flows all the way through the material and gives a very even result. As to grouping, my scores have been high 90's with one card that was 10 in a one shot group inside the 10 ring.

The only problem I had was when the trigger return spring lost some tension and it went so light it wasn't controllable.

If you are looking for patches, contact Chris Tanner at www.jt-bullet-moulds.co.uk. They do them in all sizes and thicknesses and are generally nice people.

J Tanner does the 12 thou patches. Top bloke to deal with too

Dougie

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Is this a revolver, or a single shot pistol?

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Single shot pistol Jim, superb piece of kit. Tanners do advertise the patches but I can't get hold of him. Anyone know who sells Swiss No.1 in the south ?

Pantiles Vintage Guns in Tunbridge Wells stock Swiss No 1

details here www.pantilesguns.co.uk

also Peter Starley, see www.black-powder.co.uk/bp.htm

I get my Swiss no1 from Peter Starley, when he visits Bisley.

Just email him asking when he is next going to be there, and order what you want. Then collect it from him.