Thread: Air rifle target analysis (NSRA 3/89) suitable software?

Air rifle target analysis (NSRA 3/89) suitable software?

I would like to analyse my 10m league cards now that my scores are creeping up again, but still a long way to go!!

The OnTarget software is fine for, say pistol, with multiple shots on the same target, but I don’t see how it can be used for ‘1 shot per target’ cards.

Is there anything available that would be suitable to ‘analyse’ NSRA 3/89 targets - 5 targets per card.

Thanks in advance!

There was/is an simple little program called Targan. Unfortunately it only runs under DoS (is there anyone out there who remembers DoS?). If you want to give it a try then PM me with an email address and I shall send it to you.

Rutty

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    Hi Duncan
    Hell! you guys have got technical! My wife uses a hand entered plot sheet that I drew up, simple and effective. During a shoot she only enters the shot call, then afterwards scores the cards, enters the numbered shots on the main diagram and the individual strings in the score blocks and individual diagrams. The act of doing it makes her think about it and analyse the whys, etc, you are welcome to a copy if you wish.
    Good Shooting
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Quote Originally Posted by RobinC View Post
    Hi Duncan
    Hell! you guys have got technical! My wife uses a hand entered plot sheet that I drew up, simple and effective. During a shoot she only enters the shot call, then afterwards scores the cards, enters the numbered shots on the main diagram and the individual strings in the score blocks and individual diagrams. The act of doing it makes her think about it and analyse the whys, etc, you are welcome to a copy if you wish.
    Good Shooting
    Robin
    Hi Robin - a copy of that would be great. Email address is in my profile.

One of the background ideas for this request was to help me check zero! Now that I'm getting the majority of shots scoring 9 or 10, how do you check zero - which is presumably more important as your scores begin to increase? The On-target is great for groups on the same target but of course, this doesn't work for rifle targets (with one shot per 'black' target).

A second question is relating to changing zero. Do all target rear sights adjust in the same way? Someone told me the acronym DLC - to go down and left is always clockwise. Is this always the case? It is much easier to change zero on a bipod and high magnification power scoped rifle but on a 10m rifle that is getting waved about as much as a magic wand, it is more challenging - at least for me!!!!

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    Hi Duncan

I'll reply on e- mail
    Best regards
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?