Thread: Advice needed

Advice needed

Hi, looking for a wee bit of advice.

I am looking to get back into shooting with my son. Have looked at a few rifles but not sure what's kosher and what is simply guys trying to sell gear to newbies

Have seen as set up in the Glasgow angling centre, and would like to know what you guys think.

cometa 300 Camo Carbine + silencer .22 + scope (not sure what kind but was camo also) + Gun Bag + 1000 pellets + some targets ( I'm assuming wee paper thingy's) £310.

The guy in the centre seemed very helpful obviously, and wasn't pushy or overselling, he offered advice on other guns, but said this was a great outfit to re-enter the sport with, and be good for my son to start with.

Also said it would be good for target shooting and also rabbits etc.

Would just like to know if all this is true and if it would be worthwhile going for it or wait and see what else is available?

Thanks for any help and advice in advance

John

pm sent John
    The 0.22 Treefeller X X2R HW77k
    Pound for pound, the amoeba is the most vicious animal on earth.

Hi,
    just had a quick read of the airgun world buyers guide says £268 for the rifle in mossy oak camo, the silencer comes with it, add up the cost of the extras & it sounds reasonable to me, it does give a weight of 7.5lbs which is quite heavy, a BSA XL in the same price range is 1lb lighter.
    GAC sell's fishing tackle at good prices I always used to pop in & stock up when I was visiting Glasgow.
    steve

Thanks guys appreciated

Maybe a little late, but have you considered buying second hand from on here? It really is a buyer's market at the moment and there are some great deals to be had.

You would get a lot more for your money, or on the other hand spend less for a decent setup.

Just be sure to buy from someone known to be trustworthy and you won't go far wrong.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

Hi Mr Locke.

If you're looking to get back in to shooting with your son it might be best to consider joining a club.

Unless you've enough land of your own you'll need somewhere where you have permission to shoot legally.

Also, if you're intending going down the target shooting route .177 calibre would be the better choice as it gives a flatter trajectory.

A visit to a club would give you the opportunity to see what kit other shooters use and give you a clearer idea of what you'd find most suitable for yourselves.

You can find a list of Scottish clubs here:

http://www.sarpa.org.uk/index.php?op...id=5&Itemid=37

Hope this helps.