Thread: Airarms s 410 F Question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Airarms s 410 F Question

I have just purchased the above in walnut .
    The question is what does the F stand for ? Is this just the reference to the latest model ?
    I know it sounds stupid but I am worried I have the superlite action in walnut.
    Has any one got any pictures of the latest 410 in carbine and also pictures of the superlite , to put my mind at rest.

Thanks Ian

Here's my guess.

F= Featherweight.

The Superlights are models in their own right within the 400/410 range. Here's the page from BAR.

Two models. Deluxe with what looks like the stocks made from Poplar, and classic. I wouldn't be upset if my stock was in Walnut.

EDIT: The Pellpax site clears it up a bit. There are three stocks available in the Superlight series.
    Deluxe- Shiny two tone finish, made from Poplar.
    Hunter- Green matte finish, Poplar,
    Traditional- Brown wood (!), looks like Beech but could be Poplar with a finish applied ?
    Last edited by 18 Wheeler; 19-02-2011 at 03:27 PM.

Scriv5 is offline Passionate Puff Gun Pumper
    Quote Originally Posted by 18 Wheeler View Post
    Here's my guess.

F= Featherweight.

The Superlights are models in their own right within the 400/410 range. Here's the page from BAR.

Two models. Deluxe with what looks like the stocks made from Poplar, and classic. I wouldn't be upset if my stock was in Walnut.
    But isn't a big part of having a superlite having the specific stock that comes with it ?
    AA S408K .177

Quote Originally Posted by Scriv5 View Post
    But isn't a big part of having a superlite having the specific stock that comes with it ?
    The action has been upgraded as well IIRC from one of the airgun mags. AA's website, looks nice, but not a lot of use.

There are two models, looking at the BAR link, so it may be that the OP does have the correct stock, just not the nasty shiny one?

In the good 'ol days it was always a selling point that walnut weighs less than beech. Never seems to get a mention these days.

I've asked a few times for someone to put up the weight of a superlight stock, AA's also, but no response. It actually needs someoene to weigh one rather than go with the maker's figures.

FWIW. My Walnut AA's with one QD stud, weighs 2lb 7oz.

S410 Question

This combination including stock and action weighs in at exactly 6lbs. / 2kgs 700 gms

S410F Question answered by Airarms

FYI

Having spoken to an Airarms adviser today , I can confirm they have advised me that the F incorporated on the side of the action refers to the latest and upgraded action and not particularly connected to the superlite series.

Cheers Ian

Scriv5 is offline Passionate Puff Gun Pumper
    Interesting...so what's new in the F action then I wonder?
    AA S408K .177

Airarms F Series

Well to start with cosmetically the filler cap / and the bolt handle are fluted ,and the logo is bolder.
    Also where the barrell is connected to the breech block they have fitted a follow on fluted slip which smartens things up a bit.

As for the internals I was told certain mods or upgrades have been made but the spokesperson wouldnt elaborate.

The bolt certainly feels smoother and the gun feels a tad lighter in comparison to my older version but that could be just me thinking so.

Cheers Ian

F Preview

Thanks Donky
    Enjoyed that , and I can say the gun is as good as he says it is ,

Cheers Ian

Rayee is offline I don't need a gun; I've got an attack butterfly.
    And the trigger doesn't flap around on the F'in' new range
    Toilet trained since March