Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suggestions for Club air pistols

Exclamation Lov21

http://www.topgun-airguns.com/lov-21.html Link to info on pistol...mike...
    Last edited by mickson; 27-02-2011 at 08:53 PM. Reason: correction

...and the trigger is awful even compared to something like the Compact....

That's a joke, right?

The compact is an ok starter pistol but the trigger is pretty awful. The Rohm, while not a patch on a Steyr, is in a different league (unless you shoot it double action, of course).

U.

Quote Originally Posted by fcat View Post
    thanks for all the comments,very useful.

I'm going to try to look at an HW40 - it scores on price, light weight and ambi grip. I'll take a view on build quality, trigger,etc when I actually get to handle one.

A query from someone at the club about this type of pistol - a fair amount of pressure has to be applied to close the mechanism on the compression stroke and there seems to be a risk that much of that load will be applied on or close to the rear sight which could lead to damage or movement? Is this a problem with pistols of this design?
    In my experience the elevation screw on the HW40 rear sight can move when the action snaps closed. This is a minor criticism of an otherwise excellent air pistol and easily fixed by wrapping a little PTFE tape around the thread of the screw. Adjustment is still possible but the elevation screw doesn’t move on closing.

A fair amount of pressure is needed to cock the pistol. Best to handle one to get an idea.

If only FWB still made the 65/80. Although the price would be more than your £300 budget. You could try contacting some dealers on eGun to see if they can rustle up a few of these pistols.

My vote would be for the HW40.