Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: can you fire steel bb out of dan wesson 6mm bb revolver?newbie question be nice!!!

can you fire steel bb out of dan wesson 6mm bb revolver?newbie question be nice!!!

hi guys i have a dan wesson 6 " 6mm bb revolver on the way (a gift from the family yey)and just wondered if you can fire steel bbs out of it and if so how?the steel bbs are 4.5mm arent they?can you just change the shells?or is the barrel different.sorry if this is a silly question!!

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    The barrel is 6mm, you can get 6mm ammo in metal
    It's very expensive though
    If you put 4.5 shells & BBs through the 6mm gun they will come out but the velocity will be low as the CO2 will pass the bb in the barrell and grouping wil be pants as they'll rattle about on their way down the loose fitting barrel.
    It's entirely possible you could fit a sleeve to reduce the bore to 4.5mm but having one made might cost more than another Dan Wesson,
    Regards,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    you can get 6mm ammo in metal
    and glass too for the clinically insane

Those could cause an unpleasant marbles incident for the media to get excited about.

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Can you get marbles in 17.272mm ?

Question 6mm Steelies

Be nice, thats difficult, and painful, having read all of the replies, have you tried all the varying weights of plastic bb to see if they will do what you require??...mike...

ohhhhhh didnt know you could get 6mm steel bb.must admit i havent tried the plastic bbs i was making assumptions that they wouldnt be very accurate.also didnt know there are different weights! said i was new to this didnt i!!

anyway the revolver arrived earlier really impressed i have some co2 but no bbs how frustrating and because i live in the middle of nowhere will have to order some on the internet.will do some research on the various bbs.thanks for all the advice,any other advice on the wesson appreciated

wow those metal 6 mm bbs are REALLY expensive!i have been looking at some 0.25gr plastic bbs would the wesson have the power to fire them?(or the metal ones?)

i just went out in the wood with the wesson as i found three of the shells had a white bb in the end.BOOM i am so impressed plenty of power,and really accurate.i am liking this!!

Go for the .2g or heavier 6mm ammo
    ATB,
    Nick

brilliant will do cheers nick

can you fire steel bb`s out of a dan wesson revolver

Not recommended to fire steel bb`s period.
    This pistol has highish muzzle velocity for its type , so I recommend heavier than standard 6mm plastic bb`s. The standard weight is .20 grammes. Go for .25gm ar .28 gm ones . `Madbull` make are high quality. Do not buy the dirt cheap, brightly coloured bb`s as these are usually .12 gm and will curve skyward on leaving the barrel.

pp

i just ordered some crosman .25 from jsramsbottom hope they are going to be ok!!

Quote Originally Posted by flatrajectory View Post
    They aren't Steel Period! Even Crosman .177 bbs aren't magnetic! and the Alloy 6mm ammo was specifically designrd for 6mm air pistols

.12 gm and will curve skyward on leaving the barrel.
    That will not happen.
    The pistol we're talking about has no Hop Up.
    I know what you're talking about as all my airsoft might do this if incorrectly adjusted. But the Dan Wesson doesn't have ANY Hop-Up faciility At-All
    HTH,
    Nick
    Last edited by magicniner; 04-03-2011 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Correction

My Dan Wesson works fine with alloy BBs, my Blowback Airsofts are a different matter,
    Regards,
    Nick