Thread: is he serious??

is he serious??

I'm giving BP shooting up after a few years as I have no time to actually get to the range when it's open for BP ... went off today to sell my last BP pistol to an RFD who was going to hold for a guy waiting for a variation. All arranged by emails and phone calls, I'll be there late morning I says.

Got there, no RFD .. he's up country for a few days .. this guy who's waiting on the variation asks can I leave it there having seen a photocopy of the RFD's licence, and the RFD can sort when he gets back. Guess what I said? Two words. First word starts with F and rhymes with mallard, second word 'off'.

Some people. I didn't mind the 70 mile round trip and waste of 2 hours at all.
    My wife complains that I've got more sense than money.

Give us a name. That way everyone can avoid getting caught out as well.

I have always gone out of my way to make sure people regret reneging on an arrangement.

it's no-one on here .. I can't see what would be achieved by naming anyone. Once the gun's sold to the dogsar$e it might be different .. his money's as good as anyone else's even if his manners aren't.

changed my mind and sent him this email ...

"To be honest I don’t appreciate being patronised so obviously. I wouldn’t call a 70 mile round trip to have my time wasted by you ‘little’, particularly since I changed my arrangements to accommodate you. Nor did I appreciate your embarrassing attempt to give me £10 less than the price we’d agreed – a genuine mistake? I don’t think so. Thirdly, as you clearly don’t have legal authority to acquire or possess a black powder revolver and you knew the RFD wouldn’t be there in person, you basically invited me to break the law by accepting a payment and leaving the pistol with you. I don’t appreciate that either. You might not be clear on the letter of the law, but I am.

To this end, the pistol is no longer available. I wish you luck in your search for a suitable BP pistol."

I'd rather hand the gun in for destruction than deal with this idiot.

greenshoots Guest
    hi lee are me and you doing a deal by any chance?.....

greenshoots
    Last edited by greenshoots; 05-03-2011 at 08:09 AM.

Tell the Police & tried to obtain a firearm by deception .....

R

hi

came late to this thread...sounds extremely annoying at the least and borderline criminal at worst...

Having said that - I am looking to get into BP - if the revolver is still for sale, can you tell me more about it?

I have a slot for A .44 BP

cheers!
    will pm with my email

g

congratulations

Well done for not being tricked. It is annoying to waste time and travel a long distance wasting money on fuel costs. The important thing is that you did it right. You kept your gun and you keep your FAC. That's a brilliant outcome. Congratulations.

WoW thats opened my eyes, and thanks for posting your experience

Quote Originally Posted by greenshoots View Post
    hi lee are me and you doing a deal by any chance?.....

greenshoots

sorry, haven't been here for a bit .. yes, I think so. You should have the gun by now .. hope all is ok??

I'm a bit too long in the tooth to be had over ... he did email me a few days ago to see if the gun was still available to him. What a dunce.

greenshoots Guest
    no probs lee everthing ok, pistol still at shop waiting for the variation to go through

greenshoots