Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FT at the Oaks

FT at the Oaks

Following on from an earlier thread and much discussion the proposal is to combine the published Oaks Open dates (starting 8th May) with a taster FT series. The current (cunning) plan is that both HFT and FT will be shot - exact details to follow nearer the date.
    Naturally the FT can be shot with usual HFT rig or could be treated as yet another gadget opportunity....
    OAKS - SIHFT Winners 2011, [SIZE=4][COLOR="#FF0000"] 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2015, 2023

Oh No more expense!!

The Oaks SiHFT Winners 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016

What a great excuse to buy a BIG scope!!

xx
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

Dear Mr Bank manager

You know how I'm like, already, er ...well. I was just wondering errr...sort of, you know
    http://www.ford-hft.org.uk
    You come into this world with nothing, go out in debt and you've made a profit

Quote Originally Posted by blackscale View Post
    What a great excuse to buy a BIG scope!!

xx
    Will my Rat Buster perform in this rarefied company? It has red & white painted iron sights!
    It has a good pedigree - it won at Ford two years ago!
    Do red dots work at 60yds?
    No? I know a cheap AR 20. There seem to be lots around. None hissing like an EV2 yet though! Still I am told you can sit down whilst contemplating your next move
    Falcon Lighthunter (.177),Air Arms S400 (.22),Weihrauch HW98 (.177),Hatsan 55S (.177), TH78D (.22) & a 2240 (.22)
    "The Oaks" SIHFT Winners 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016

This is so exciting...what scope should I get - do you think a Zos would do for starters or are they a waste of time?

Would I be better off with a posher 24 mag or a Zos 40 mag? Oi bain't got much munny to spend so what would be the best option?

Absolutely spiffing idea this...

FT at the Oaks

Yeh, looking forward to this, just reading up on a few of the rules, notably rule number16,428 sub paragraph 341/4 :- No person with the surname starting with "F" and a christian name starting with "S" shall be invited to take part in this activity, on the grounds that if he does ,... THEN I'M NOT COMING OUT TO PLAY
    Professional MISSER
    "THE OAKS"

Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiast View Post
    This is so exciting...what scope should I get - do you think a Zos would do for starters or are they a waste of time?

Would I be better off with a posher 24 mag or a Zos 40 mag? Oi bain't got much munny to spend so what would be the best option?

Absolutely spiffing idea this...
    Been looking at the bsa 8-32x44 has had one or two good reports. the 30mm tube one that is. Might be able to use it for hft on low mag S well?
    Anyone have any experience of them?
    si
    The OAKS
    SIHFT WINNERS 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016

Mog is offline Mog has so much potential but does not apply himself fully.
    St Hilaire du Harcouët, Lower Normandy/East Sussex
    Looks like Spongerina is taking this FT lark seriously.
    Truttemer Tir Club

Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité

MojoCrow is offline It rubs the lotion on the anarchist ginger tom.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mog View Post
    Looks like Spongerina is taking this FT lark seriously.
    He should've paid the extra £50 for the side wheel version. That front P/A is gonna be a swine.
    Customised AA S400 Carbine
    Ros beef, go home! www.buxtedshootingclub.co.uk SiHFT winners 2008 2009 2010

Quote Originally Posted by MojoCrow View Post
    He should've paid the extra £50 for the side wheel version. That front P/A is gonna be a swine.
    At least my skipper has a bigger one than your skipper.
    Truttemer Tir Club

MojoCrow is offline It rubs the lotion on the anarchist ginger tom.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mog View Post
    At least my skipper has a bigger one than your skipper.
    Now you know as well as I do that Andy prefers a smaller scope to flatten out the trajectory and all that.

Having said all that, sometimes you just need a bunch of knobs to twiddle.

I just hope your Skip doesn't go all Yankie FT on us and gets himself a bondage harness.
    Customised AA S400 Carbine
    Ros beef, go home! www.buxtedshootingclub.co.uk SiHFT winners 2008 2009 2010

Quote Originally Posted by si7777777 View Post
    Been looking at the bsa 8-32x44 has had one or two good reports. the 30mm tube one that is. Might be able to use it for hft on low mag S well?
    Anyone have any experience of them?
    si
    Looking at other reviews I see that there is no large sidewheel available, they struggle at high mag making rangefinding beyond 40yards difficult (presumably due to the 44 mil objective) and they white out easily.

Anyone know about the Zos thingys?

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiast View Post
    Looking at other reviews I see that there is no large sidewheel available, they struggle at high mag making rangefinding beyond 40yards difficult (presumably due to the 44 mil objective) and they white out easily.

Anyone know about the Zos thingys?

Richard
    As you said Richard, the Zos are a decent 'starter' scope, available s/h for less than £100, it all depends how seriously you're thinking of doing FT, you know that if you're still doing it after a few weeks you'll wish that you'd initially gone for a s/h Big Nikko, or better.
    Truttemer Tir Club

...very good you lot!
    Wouldn't be the same if you took it seriously!

I reckon it should be two points for a plate...infact i might do away with the killzone altogether!...

As far as scopes go...32 mag or more, with a big lens...I have had a big nikko since i started the club, so i am sorted, just waiting for a friend to make me a wheel!

XX
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!