Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: schmidt and bender

schmidt and bender

Just bought a precision hunter 4 x 16 x50 schmidt and bender scope after using a nightforce 5.5 x22 for along time , Wish i bought the schmidt years ago the best scope
    i ever owned.
    All the best Gamekeeper one

Whats it like in lowlight/lamping conditions?

Seriously thinking of investing in one!

have one of these myself and love it, i think the zeiss victory might have an edge over it but it still up there with the best and built like a tank absolutely amazing at night or in low light
    http://i462.photobucket.com/albums/q.../Photo0055.jpg
    BSA 12g sbs, CZ .22lr SAK mod Nikko Stirling Gold Crown 4-12x42,
    Weihrauch .22 hornet ASE utra jet-z compact Schmidt & Bender 4-16x50http://i462.photobucket.com/albums/q.../Photo0081.jpg

pm11

I also shoot with a smit best thing ive seen and ive had all the other top end stuff get one it will open your eyes.

bbs air

S & b

Great bit of kit 8 x 56 hungarian well worth the money

pm11 12x50

best scope i have ever seen never mind owned.i had a swaro z6i 5x30 before and i thought that was awsome but i would never part with my schmidt for one

pm2

Got pm2 on both guns real scopes and bomb proof there the 5 25 mag get my vote not cheap but quality never is

leupold 5'5x20_40mm

Hi i have a leupold vx 111 5.5 x 20 40mm and I love it

Quote Originally Posted by gamekeeper one View Post
    Just bought a precision hunter 4 x 16 x50 schmidt and bender scope after using a nightforce 5.5 x22 for along time , Wish i bought the schmidt years ago the best scope
    i ever owned.
    All the best Gamekeeper one
    I wish I could afford a scope like this. Are they that good???

Maybe one day!

Quote Originally Posted by Dagben77 View Post
    I wish I could afford a scope like this. Are they that good???

Maybe one day!
    Yes they are.

I had a few ex military S&B 6x40 (I think) sniper scopes, these were the german ones IIRC.

The optical clarity was truly breathtaking.
    I play a Fender bass, I shoot a springer. I like things to be, well, dependable

Quote Originally Posted by HarryPotter View Post
    Yes they are.

I had a few ex military S&B 6x40 (I think) sniper scopes, these were the german ones IIRC.

The optical clarity was truly breathtaking.
    There were indeed HP. I still have one I got from you. Ex German army, with one piece mount. Number 2 sniper reticule. Green in colour. Well it used to be. I refinished it in black. Still use the original mount because 25mm won't fit!!! I think the scopes are 26mm tubes. Everyone who has had a go with it sing it's praises. It will reside with me forever.

Quote Originally Posted by LESS THAN FORTUITOUS KENNETH View Post
    There were indeed HP. I still have one I got from you. Ex German army, with one piece mount. Number 2 sniper reticule. Green in colour. Well it used to be. I refinished it in black. Still use the original mount because 25mm won't fit!!! I think the scopes are 26mm tubes. Everyone who has had a go with it sing it's praises. It will reside with me forever.
    is this maytuntatpie?

It's been so long my marbles are going lol.

I actually found some mounts that fit it - but couldn't re parallax the one I'd put aside for myself :-(

Ah well, such is life.

Glad yours is still going strong amigo.

is this maytuntatpie?

It's been so long my marbles are going lol.

I actually found some mounts that fit it - but couldn't re parallax the one I'd put aside for myself :-(

Ah well, such is life.

Glad yours is still going strong amigo.
    It is indeed meytantaytipi.
    All I did to reparallax was loosen off the front element, put a suitable o ring in place and tighten up. Bang on 30 yds!

Quote Originally Posted by LESS THAN FORTUITOUS KENNETH View Post
    It is indeed meytantaytipi.
    All I did to reparallax was loosen off the front element, put a suitable o ring in place and tighten up. Bang on 30 yds!
    Awesome - neither myself or a gunsmith could loosen mine, so I sold it as is for full bore use.

Still got the fwb300 I traded you for?

To the op, sorry for going ot.

Awesome - neither myself or a gunsmith could loosen mine, so I sold it as is for full bore use.

Still got the fwb300 I traded you for?

To the op, sorry for going ot.
    Mine just unscrewed quite easily. Bringing the lens forward did the trick. In fact you could actually keep turning it and using it to parallax right down to a few yards. Sadly not accurately enough to range with.
    No, don't have the fwb any more. It just got a bit heavy for me to lug about and I prefered it to be used than sat doing nothing. Can you remember that Herman Wierauch's buddy fancied it? I forget his name. I did have tne s&b on it. I also let that Hudson bloke loose with it. He did a full strip and service abd fitted a new one piece spring. We got it to do 8fpe. I used to go round the ft course at ponty with it and did reasonably well considering the low power, the mag, the reticule, and a consumste lack of skill on my part.