Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: schmidt and bender

I have a 4-16x50 PMII on my TRG22.

Lovely piece of kit (both of them are). I switched over from my Nightforce - both are built like bricks and do their job but the Schmidt has better light transmission. The only down side of the Schmidt is that I was never worried about knocking the Nightforce in the way that I am protective over the Schmidt.

I got mine just before all the prices went up due to Gordon Brown mismanaging the economy, so second hand it is worth more than I paid for it new That said, it is an investment in pleasure and life more than in finance so it is staying with me for the moment!

I own some scopes. Among them: Nightforce (12-42X56 Precision Benchrest), Zeiss (Duralyt 3-12X50) and Schmidt & Bender (PMII 5-25X56). The S&B is by far the best.

ATB
    emi

BTW: There's a new S&B. It's called: 3-27X56 PMII High Power.
    100mairgun.nl (TRANSLATOR on top! )

FT

Different scope i know but i use the FT model . if anything i think they are TOO bright . i use a diffuser in mine to cut the light down . dunno if they do em for the smaller models but for the bigger ones they do em on flea bay ??? HOLLY
    " BE YOURSELF , EVERYBODY ELSE IS TAKEN "

Quote Originally Posted by staff86 View Post
    Hi i have a leupold vx 111 5.5 x 20 40mm and I love it
    lol sorry but what's that got to do with a 4-16 S&B review ?
    Marksmanship = Accuracy, Consistency, Observation and a little of The Force
    SharpshootingUK www.sharpshootinguk.com

I've used s+b scopes on my stalking rifles for about 15+years and can honestly say I wouldn't use anything else.
    I have the fixed mag ones like 6x42 and 8x56. They are bomb proof as was proved one night when I dropped my rifle on the floor landing on the scope. Just a couple of little marks were all that were there.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryPotter View Post
    Yes they are.

I had a few ex military S&B 6x40 (I think) sniper scopes, these were the german ones IIRC.

The optical clarity was truly breathtaking.
    They were a 6x42 which were fitted to the L96- Quality was excellent and could easily hit Huns head targets at 600 metres yards with this combination.