Thread: Air Arms S400 MPR 10M SPORTER 6 ftlb

Air Arms S400 MPR 10M SPORTER 6 ftlb

Can anyone give a view as to the Air Arms PS400 MPR 10M SPORTER 6 ftlb as to its suitability as a starter gun for 10 meter target shooting? Or is there something better?Thanks.

I have been using one at our club and for the price I think it's great. If you are thinking of buying one City Air Arms in Solihull are selling them for £599.

I may well be buying one for myself as, following an accident which damaged my shoulder, the Feinwerkbau Model 700 Evolution Top I have at the moment is just a bit to heavy for my left arm to support.

Air Arms S400 MPR 10M SPORTER 6 ftlb

Hi

Excellent starter rifle for a Junior or Lady, to light for serious 10 metre, for less money you could go for a second hand Feinwerbau 600 series, or if money is not a problem the previous poster has that Feinwerkbau Model 700 Evolution for sale at a very reasonable price!
    Only my opinion
    Jim

MPR

Excellent rifle, but requires refilling regularly so spare cylinders would be advantageous.
    As accurate as my FWB300S, but more gear required (bottle etc) so for a first rifle would suggest something like the FWB.

Thanks for the input guy's, I have a Walther LGV (bought recently) but I am looking for a target rifle suitable for my grandson to use as he has shown some aptitude. He is 12 years old and can shoot the Walther but finds it very heavy and gets tired very quickly.

Unless you already have 1, wouldnt pick an MPR.
    As the name says, its an MPR. That means its not perfect for anything. Its just an AA400 with another coat.
    Its very light, bolt is more hassle than real 10m guns, sights are Gamo iirc..etc. And is it regged? Probably not.
    ATB,
    yana

Info request on FWB 700 Evo

Quote Originally Posted by h5djr View Post
    I have been using one at our club and for the price I think it's great. If you are thinking of buying one City Air Arms in Solihull are selling them for £599.

I may well be buying one for myself as, following an accident which damaged my shoulder, the Feinwerkbau Model 700 Evolution Top I have at the moment is just a bit to heavy for my left arm to support.
    Hi, can you tell me some more about your FWB Evo & would it be suitable for benchrest shooting? I have M.S. & the 4 new Weihrauch's I have purchased in recent months are of no use to me as they are too heavy. Can you tell me how much you are selling this gun?
    I look forward to hearing from you Lee - (07894153527).

air arms

cant say anything about the 400 but i bought a 200 for my daughter,,,i can only say FANTASTIC. easy to load,accurate & value for money. Good luck.

MPR

Hi,

I shoot an MPR-FT, but I have shot a target one. I find them very comfortable, accurate and they area very capable Gun. Also they are very customisable, light weight and for half the price of a Walther or Anshutz its a very good gun.

Only con though is if you are a fully grown Adult the Stock is quite short, but you can get butt spacers for them or a Butt hook.

Cheers Chris.