Hi folks,

I'm Andy (I AM A Smith is my handle everywhere) and have just taken up shooting.

I have been for some time practicing Catapult (slingshot for the folks not in the UK) and have a hunter catapult (27J/18ftlbs) that I was hoping to get good enough at using to take small game but practically speaking I was only getting a couple of weeks practice when we visited relatives in Scotland and the last time I was there I succeeded in demolishing one of the forks of the catty so I was never getting to the point of being accurate enough to feel it was humane to try to help out with the Rabbit problem at the farm and acquire some food.

I eventually caved in and bought a Brummie made .22 Webley Tomahawk with an AGS scope and did a little target practice whilst up in Scotland last week and am now back in London and looking for a suitable practice area.

I've pinged an email to the Hounslow and Heston Rifle club to see if they would be happy for me to practice there, this seems the most local but I don't know if they are more focussed on competition rather than using the rifle and scope in a more fixed state suitable for small game stalking. I'll await their answer but in the meantime I would be very appreciative of suggestions of places to practice in West London.

Anyway, that's it for now, I'm pretty sure that I will have a load of questions since I'm pretty green at all this.

Regards,

Andy Smith