Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ben taylor

ben taylor

right lads im having a spot of trouble with my rapid. seems to be leaking air yet again, (shot fine all day yesterday take it home , dry fired it and air started to rush out, up the barrel), do you think a service by ben taylor will sort it?

how much is a service?

Gary C Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by welsh shooter
    right lads im having a spot of trouble with my rapid. seems to be leaking air yet again, (shot fine all day yesterday take it home , dry fired it and air started to rush out, up the barrel), do you think a service by ben taylor will sort it?

how much is a service?
    Not as well as a few lines in "For sale...."

(oh come on I'd kidding)

who asked for your opinion you ****

A Ben Taylor service would sort it, why not contact the man himself and discuss the options?

http://www.bentaylorandson.co.uk/

Richard
    "Improvise, adapt and overcome."

I can count to potato.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Or just replace the valve yourself for £25 and 10 mins work. Hardly worth the postage and hassle of sending it to Ben just for that IMHO....

When you say "again", what's the history ?
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

bought the gun, changed the valve, worked fine, then yesterday it started leaking again

wazb Guest
    have you changed the valve stem mate my rapid had the same prob turned out not to be the valve but a bent stem hth 11 notes from guns international at barnsley

it has a new valve stem aswell

Both me and Kev Hughes have looked at this and can't suss out whats happening as we have done all the things that normally cause the problem.

Pete

wazb Guest
    cant think what else it could be has to be the valve or stem give ben a ring

is the rifle out of warranty? When you did the fix last time, where the parts also not in a warranty. If this is a common problem with theobens, why don't they honour their customers by supplying FOC the bits needed to fix ??

Or am i living in a world with fluffy clouds and everything is made from chocolate

When you took the old leaking valve out, was it damaged ? i.e. foreign bodies had embedded themselves on the sealing face and dented it ? Do you pump or use a bottle ? Any swarf or cr@p in the prechamber / bottle adapter ? If a valve keeps failing, it points to contamination or the hammer hitting too hard and damaging the stem - thinking here - is the valve return spring standard strength BTW ?

HTH - JB
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

kevG Guest
    could well be what jon said,or the action body could be scrached,these can be saved though with a bit of fine polishing,you could even remove the small main valve oring on the valve tail,(as this as no sealing task)and will alow the valve to sit slightly further back away from the damaged area(if not to bad).

kevG

did you get the cheque jon

Quote Originally Posted by kevG
    did you get the cheque jon
    Arrived sometime yesterday thanks mate

Dont know if this is of any help but had a mk1 with a scratched sealing face on the valve stem (new replacement) popped it in a cordless drill & polished the face sorted, by the way it was only visible with a magnifying glass.

John
    Law of any kind only affects those willing to abide by it.