Thread: accucover

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I have to agree mate...I was a bit sceptical at first, and then it took a bit of getting use to, as it really started to highlight errors that one can make with scope alignment - especially when you get a bit tied/ lazy after a long days shooting...that's normally the point at which I give up and go home! But this helped me to raise my game for the final few shots of the day - and really helped

In short - recommended! (though for 20 quid P+P should be free in my opinion)
    'Windage & Elevation, Miss. Langdon - Windage & Elevation!'

I've had one for ages now, and its brilliant, every scope should have one

I tried the largest size available but did not feel I could fit it comfortably to the eyepiece on my Hawke Eclipse.

The rubber boot woulkd just about have stretched over the very end but it would have been a struggle to get it over the locking rings. I felt I would have had to get the positioning of the cover absolutely right 1st time as it would have been too tight for any fine adjustment afterwards, or the locking rings might haev moved whilst trying to twaek the cover.

Pity cause I was sold on the idea and the cover was made of quality materilas.

I'd try again if they extended the range to include a larger version.

Couple of blurry pics here

http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/716/img1793ij.jpg

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/3375/img1792p.jpg

This may appear a silly question buddy but have you tried warming the rubber up prior to fitting?? It may make it easier to fit onto your ocular bell.

I know what you mean about getting it positioned just right, played havoc with my mind too!

atb

DVS
    Better To Be Tried By Twelve Than Carried By Six

I also had that problem! Easily solved though guys, Fairy liquid slips on easily and still moves around enough to be able to line it up properley. Once dry (left mine 24hours) it didnt budge, and didn't mark the scope when I removed it either.

Hope this helps,

Sam.

Two good suggestions, one of which was also proposed by seller but I'd rather have a cover that fits comfortably first time, without resorting to physics or chemistry

I got one and was impressed enough with the quality that I emailed and asked them if they were going to make objective covers too now that BC's have taken a suicide nose-dive on quality. (Won't be buying anymore of those then!)

Not heard anything yet though... perhaps we could start a campaign

Fizz