Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: accucover

This may appear a silly question buddy but have you tried warming the rubber up prior to fitting?? It may make it easier to fit onto your ocular bell.

I know what you mean about getting it positioned just right, played havoc with my mind too!

atb

DVS
    Better To Be Tried By Twelve Than Carried By Six

I also had that problem! Easily solved though guys, Fairy liquid slips on easily and still moves around enough to be able to line it up properley. Once dry (left mine 24hours) it didnt budge, and didn't mark the scope when I removed it either.

Hope this helps,

Sam.

Two good suggestions, one of which was also proposed by seller but I'd rather have a cover that fits comfortably first time, without resorting to physics or chemistry

I got one and was impressed enough with the quality that I emailed and asked them if they were going to make objective covers too now that BC's have taken a suicide nose-dive on quality. (Won't be buying anymore of those then!)

Not heard anything yet though... perhaps we could start a campaign

Fizz

Waaaaaaaaaaaay ahead of you Fizz buddy

Did the same thing a while back and got this reply.....

Thank you for your email regarding AccuCover.

We intend to offer a matching objective cover in the future, however the tooling will be very expensive.

We shall inform when available.

Kind regards

Nick Matthews

Managing Director
    AccuZero Ltd
    So looking promising but a while away yet.

atb

DVS
    Better To Be Tried By Twelve Than Carried By Six

Good man DVS, good man. I'm in the market for a couple at least.

Fingers crossed it's sooner rather than later.

There was an interesting thing in a Daily Telegraph supplement the other week where they can now 'print' objects, parts, components in 3D which is revolutionising the development of complex objects.....and consequently, possibly do away with the need for expensive tooling completely.

I think I came across the technique a few years ago when working on a project but being a tight wad (ie on a shoestring budget!!) it was way too expensive for me to follow up on. Fascinating concept though.

yes i love mine but only had it a week 1st hunting trip and was lost in the field and was a very tight fit contacted them to no reply so won t be having any more of these

Great bit of kit....My Butler Creek broke (again) a few eeks back so I decided to spend the extra £10 on one of these. Used it a couple of times now and its excellent.