Neighbour's given me a rusty old gun - need some advice please
How do.

My neighbour came round today, and dropped off a rusty old .22 air gun. Amazingly, the damn thing still fires (albeit at about 4 ftlbs). No good to him as he only shoots .177, so he gave it to me. The gun was really hard to break the barrel (Guess the lock mechanism is sticky?)

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4
Pic 5
Pic 6

Stripped it right down, and given it a wire brush with some WD40 to get rid of the worst of the rust. What next? I'll certainly need a new breech seal, and probably a new piston rubber plus a spring. What's the best way to smooth the action? The stock I can do (familiar with wood, not metal ). Looking to re-blue.

It has the word 'Original' in old fashioned type writing, with Mod 25 underneath, and the word 'FOREIGN in tiny writing on the side. What is it? I have an old Norica Model 61 and the trigger and internals look very similar. The transfer port is angled on this gun. It has an ingenious locking system on some of the screws (pic 3).

After some restoration tips if you please! Many thanks

Timmaaah

if you want more detailed pics - just ask

(I've also posted this in General Airgun, but have been led to believe this place may be more knowledgeable