Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Airgun Collectors Fayre - Sutton Coldifled - Sunday 3 July 2011

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring

Stop the press !

Just decided to add my BSA 635 Magnum .25 Cal. for sale !
    "Blackrider"
    “An airgun or two”………

Three Points

All tables are now booked. However, we can put anyone such as mikemjm who might want a table at short notice on the waiting list to be allocated a table in the event of a late cancellation. Just PM your phone number to me if you want us to contact you in the event of a last minute cancellation.

BSA Magnum .25 sounds very interesting, Blackrider. Should go well I would think.

Will all visitors and sellers please note that they should be careful at all times when handling airguns and treat them as loaded until you have opened the breech and checked. We have a club rule that anyone who puts a hole in the wall, ceiling or floor will have to buy drinks all round. That could be an expensive mistake so please be careful everyone.

Having never attended such an event. What would the the correct dress code be please and should I bring my batman ?
    Cordial Regards
    "helplessly they stare at his tracks......."

Quote Originally Posted by silva View Post
    Having never attended such an event. What would the the correct dress code be please and should I bring my batman ?
    Cordial Regards
    It's black tie, and you can bring whoever you want, Robin.

Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

I'm bringing SPIDERMAN!
    Its not that he has any super human powers - its just that he struggles getting out of the bath.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Less than 24hrs now!

Busy getting ready for the off now... several banana boxes of assorted scopes, mounts and various bits & bobs from the garage fairies spares bin stacked and ready to load up!
    See you all in the morning!

Billyboy x2 tables
    Ian from Staffordshire: Theobens and parts, Webleys
    Mike & Andy: Weihrauchs, Air Arms, M&Gs, optics, shooting magazines and books, Airsporters, FWBs
    Falcon25: scopes and mounts
    Phil & Anne Russell; scopes, mounts, spares, books
    JohnBaz & Blackrider
    HWVixen & the Melbourne Marksmen - pellet tins, scopes, airguns, stocks & spares, fishing kit, Airsporters
    GarryP - Webley grips, pellet holders, air-pistols
    IJ and NoCity - For display only: BSF 65, Gasram Webleys, Anschiana, who knows what other fabled items. For Sale: vintage spares
    D.R.Hughes - one of the great airgun writers of all time. The leading authority on classic German airguns. Selling rare printed material and display items
    Micky: vintage rifles and pistols, pellet tins
    Nitro-Express: safaris
    GR Trott: Will have three tables of domestic & agricultural cutlery. Their stands are a familiar sight at game fairs.
    D. Ayres: vintage airguns, fishing gear
    M. Sharp: lots of vintage airguns
    Chris1: vintage airguns
    SCR&P members: shooting accessories, cases & bags, a few guns, books
    Darren W: vintage airguns

All tables are labelled with sellers names. Sellers should have received their information by post now.

Doors open to buyers from 11:00AM. Entry only £3.00.

Postcode is B72 1NL.

It looks like it will be a sunny day.

Gates open to buyers from 11AM.

See you all there. Thanks to all who are attending the fair as buyers and as sellers. Thanks to John "Pennineway" and Leicester R&PC for showing it can be done. Thanks to those who run AirgunBBS for providing a great collectors section on the BBS.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Just got home Charlie, many thanks for a great day. Its good to meet and chat to fellow likeminded air gun enthusiasts !

Hope to get a few more Punters through the doors in future and to see you next year !

All the best Mate !

John and John. aka. "Blackrider and Johnbaz" !
    “An airgun or two”………

Grayling is offline Lego Leggaed letch and Lohan Lover with added Moist
    An Englishman & Scouser born & bred AND PROUD!
    Myself and MallyAlly had a great time, got in early after slipping the door guys a little extra , so beating I.J to all the prospective goodies . I'm certainly glad we came. Mally and myself had a brilliant day all round. Massive truckers brekkie at the Hollies truck stop on the A5 to start us off and a few nice cold and very welcome pints in a nice pub in Penkridge on the way home.

At the fayre I bought a load of old 1986/87 Airgunner mags always a good read, my sons can't believe how primitive these old mags are all in black and white. Also got pristine box of Sussex Sabo (WITH LOADING PEN ) and a very nice vintage break barrel Milbro from the late 20's early 30's very similar to the Diana Mod 27 of that time which shoots lovely after a nice session in the garden, both from Rivi's John (No City). Plus a box of Champion Polaris from Chris (HW Vixen) sadly still on the banned list but hopefully Gareth may be able to sort that .

Did want, but never got my tin of much hoped for Champion Ballistic but still live in hope. I thought it was a brilliant idea and look forward to the next one.

It was brilliant to see the AirgunBBS Cammo king Pad E again after so long, last time I saw him was when he travelled all the way from Birmingham to Liverpool Royal Hospital to visit me when I was laid up with a smashed knee and Pelvis in Jan 2010. So another reason to have another collectors fayre, its a place to meet old friends.

Well done to all who put the work in to make this event possible .
    THERE IS A LIFE IN PEACE AND STRIFE THAT WE ALL HAVE TO LIVE, WE GIVE OUR BEST THEN GO TO REST, WHEN WE'VE NO MORE TO GIVE.
    Co-founder of Treats 4 British Troops

good little run out,had a great day bought a spare hw35 barrel,mercury spares,there is'nt enough of these old airgun fayres/shows for me,,can we have some more please ASAP??? big thanks to charlie an everyone who put it together..
    Last edited by neddy; 03-07-2011 at 07:25 PM.

Hi Charlie, well done for putting on the Farye, sorry I could not stay very long! but I enjoyed it. let us know of any more events you have up your sleeve! ATB John

Excellent day out. Thank you to all who organized it and to my fellow travellers John (NoCity) and Andy (Amac).
    Im looking forward to the next one but must we wait really for Grayling and Mally to leave again before all the bargains are put out on the tables?
    It was good to meet some old friends and make some new. I resisted the temptation to buy any rifles ( including the Gecado 35 ) but came away with a few odds-and-sods bargains including a complete rear sight for a BSF!
    Roll on the next one.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

good day

would like to add my thanks to the organisers of this event
    had a good mooch through some well priced examples but gazzer called me a tight git for not buying
    nice to meet some old and new faces thats what its all about really innit

sutton airgun fair

Many thanks Charlie for all the hard work you put in, l downsized my collection by a few guns,and l realy enjoyed it the wife & dog did as well. met some realy nice guys, hope you have another one soon Micky.