Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nikon Pro Staff 2-7 x 32 NEW 08 percent Light Transmission Spec

Nikon Pro Staff 2-7 x 32 NEW 08 percent Light Transmission Spec

Light & bright with a nice thin central crosshair for precise shot placement.
    I tried this on an hw35 and found that fitting in low mounts made a real difference to hold over used (less) even though the rifle is ambling along at 11ftlbs
    I have an earlier version of this scope, and am really impressed by the extra light transmission of this version. I was at a range today and looked through 350 quids worth of Falcon, Fixed 10x MTC scope and several other 'quality' optics by comparison, if you want to know just how bright these little Nikons are, you are going to need to take a look for yourself, because it left everything else in the dark I'm afraid. Considering this is not a pricey scope -140 from Uttings, it achieves an optical clarity that is punching weigh ahead of it's price. Chuck Hawk raves about the older version of this Pro Staff especially, google his reviews too -

For someone looking for a lightweight hunting scope (or who can shoot targets with a cross hair) to put on a heavy gun to keep the weight down, I'd say this is probably the best thing around for less than 200, I think the next 'nicer' compact scope may be a Leup EFR 3-9 x which are over double now, not as bright, but have a lovely quality and are of course fully AO

Very positive finger adjusments, Philipines made, not much more to say. Easy to set front bell for 'perfect' focus for airgun, and with a 32mm objective, a mahoosive depth of focus. Showed this scope to lots of people today , the general response was WOW that's bright, with one 'oh it's a crosshair' .......

Only thing thats put me off buying one of these scopes is, what Nikon state the field of veiw is, IE:- a fair bit smaller than a Tasco 2-7x32, Is this the case ????
    Hw77+7

It's a while since I looked through a Tasco 2-7 AG, but the Nikon scope is not a wide angle view , no question.
    I was worried that the newer version would be a 'cheaper' re hash, but boy was I wrong. I'm thinking of selling an older one and buying another newer type, that good on light transmission, I assume some of the new coating technology they have been developing has seeped into the rifle scopes, because if this is just the result of multi coating all surfaces, I'm amazed. I first tried this at dusk, and it was actually easier to see through the scope than by eye- I kid you not, that good, they 'suck' it in -

barrel is offline Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    The Nikon is very good, that said I recently bought a Bushnell legend 2x7x32 and this is another one well woRth a look at, I think this is a superb little scope.

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

I've owned the Bushnell 2-7x32 and it is an excellent scope provided you don't need -or want-mildot. I am a Nikon fan who hasn't tried this scope but I assume that their scope is good too. Basically the best bet for this type of scope in terms of quality for price is probably still the Simmons WTC 1.5-5x20. Whenever they come up on here they get snapped up pretty quickly.
    Last edited by Rapidnick; 05-04-2012 at 06:44 AM. Reason: wording
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Those Simmons scopes are fine in bright light, but in a different class to the 2-7x32 Nikon/Bushy Elite Legend when the light drops or in woodland under cover etc -

Quote Originally Posted by PCPShooter View Post
    Those Simmons scopes are fine in bright light, but in a different class to the 2-7x32 Nikon/Bushy Elite Legend when the light drops or in woodland under cover etc -
    Can you clarify this please.

Kindest regards

Barrel

Quote Originally Posted by barrel View Post
    Can you clarify this please.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    In dense woods, I couldn't see bugger all shooting up into trees in shade/end of day/early light with the SimmonsWTC 1.5-5X20s personally, you can see what's what with the Nikon or Bushnells, but that is not unexpected as it's not fair to compare a 20mm objective with a 32mm one, especially when the 32mm scopes are fully multi coated , with superior coating too -

From my own experience on these anyway -

Quote Originally Posted by PCPShooter View Post
    In dense woods, I couldn't see bugger all shooting up into trees in shade/end of day/early light with the SimmonsWTC 1.5-5X20s personally, you can see what's what with the Nikon or Bushnells, but that is not unexpected as it's not fair to compare a 20mm objective with a 32mm one, especially when the 32mm scopes are fully multi coated , with superior coating too -

From my own experience on these anyway -
    Thank's mate, I have never owned a WTC but those Bushnells are sweet I must agree.

Kindest regards

Barrel

Everyones eyes are different, the small WTC is fine to my eyes. What would be good is a Bushnell, Nikon or Vortex 2-7x32 with a mil dot ret.
    Hw77+7

Surely the scope manufacturers will cotton on to this soon. I couldn't agree more.
    Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

Not that anyone needs milldots to hunt with an airgun at the short ranges involved, but I'm sure it would make some extra dough for the manufacturers , so they will even if it's just for Mad Milldot itus .......

Couldn't agree more - I've always been amazed that Simmons hasn't turned out a mil-dot WTC!

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    In my eyes the Simmons WTC range was over priced and not all they were cracked up to be, my Bushnell Trophy was brighter than my old WTC 3.5-10x50 and my Legend leaves it for dead, I'm seriously thinking of getting a Nikon next.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Lightbulb

Wot about
    WWW.riflecraft.co.uk

Vortex Crosfire 2-7x32 with dead hold bdc ret for £96 + vat
    Or
    Vortex Dimondback 2-7x35 (yes 35!) With dead hold bdc ret fo4 £144 + vat

Let me explain.., I have the old style prostaff 4x32 and its awesome, sweet simple & effective., but every now and then I like to plink out to 75 - 100 yrds., and the hold over on my .22 evo running 11ftlbs is quite a lot at that distance, add a st plex ret into the mix and your really guessing., and 4x mag isn't quite enough., so I thought the prostaff 2-7x32 with there bdc ret would be great.., can I find one in this country? NO! so I looked at the redfield: way overpriced for something only as Good as a Nikon, leup: the same & no hold over points, lots of cheapish options but no quality glass
    Then I saw the vortex's on rifle craft..,
    Any thoughts?
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.