Thread: "Webley Senior .22" ?

"Webley Senior .22" ?

Gentle-folk

I seek your qualified assistance, I have a .22 Webley Senior pistol. Un-boxed and in reasonable nick (if ones, fussy slight pitting but no great "pot holes", blueing still good)

But am unsure as to age or its desirability. It has brown grips (one small chip on the corner of right-hand), and is stamped "232" at the front of the gun.

I am thinking of selling this to fund or swap for a Alecto .22 and am not sure what the are worth, some other forums seem to have examples with asking price of £150+, ~ but they are still for sale, so I assume they are priced too high or there is not much demand for these ageing pistols!!

Wonder what your thoughts are folks, regarding age and value

Smiles, respect and thanks

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Your best bet re. a valuation would be the gentlemen's lounge or collectables section as it's called here preferably with a link to photos.
    Unfortunately for you the collectable fraternity tend to be 'fussy' as you put it and one man's light pitting is anothers volcanic craters
    The fact it's .22 also devalues it by about £10 IMO as well.
    The chipped grips also devalue it as well.
    But for what its worth - my valuation of the gun unseen would be about the £100 mark dependant on the pitting.
    Some photos would enable a much more accurate estimate.
    Last edited by harvey_s; 03-03-2011 at 02:14 PM. Reason: Value edited through grips

mrto

Quote Originally Posted by SunnysideRoy View Post
    Gentle-folk

I seek your qualified assistance, I have a .22 Webley Senior pistol. Un-boxed and in reasonable nick (if ones, fussy slight pitting but no great "pot holes", blueing still good)

But am unsure as to age or its desirability. It has brown grips (one small chip on the corner of right-hand), and is stamped "232" at the front of the gun.

I am thinking of selling this to fund or swap for a Alecto .22 and am not sure what the are worth, some other forums seem to have examples with asking price of £150+, ~ but they are still for sale, so I assume they are priced too high or there is not much demand for these ageing pistols!!

Wonder what your thoughts are folks, regarding age and value

Smiles, respect and thanks
    I have many of these pistols and in the condition you describe with a chipped grip I would suggest 70 to 80 pounds max.

Quote Originally Posted by mrto View Post
    I have many of these pistols and in the condition you describe with a chipped grip I would suggest 70 to 80 pounds max.
    Agreed - if it is pitted then £70-80 max I'm afraid, as there are plenty of 'un-pitted' ones out there still.