Thread: 6mm jamming on Taurus blowback

Rayee is offline I don't need a gun; I've got an attack butterfly.

6mm jamming on Taurus blowback

I fancied one, and bought one, it's over a joule so counts as an air gun, covered by the firearm act. Plastic bb, and co2 12g capsule. The gas gets screwed into the mag, which also holds the queue of bb's.

After a dozen or so shots, the slide stays 'shut' and gas starts to escape, as if the hammer is still stuck on the valve on the mag, so I quickly eject the mag, then pop it back in, re-cock the slide, and I'm away. Too many shots, things get too cold?

Problem 2. Sometimes the slide doesn't quite scoop up the next bb from the mag, and grinds to a halt, a cm from the close position. Anything I can grease, or something I can file?

Link to pics here: CLICK
    Toilet trained since March

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    It's got to be worth oiling the slide surfaces and using a drop of pelgunoil on each CO2 capsule for a while to see if it improves,
    Regards,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

6mm jamming on Taurus blowback

As previous answer. Spray silicone lube ( not wd40 or any other lube) into the action and the along the slide rails . Also rapid firing in this cold climate will make the blowback slow down or stop altogether. space your shots out a few seconds inbetween to prevent `cooldown`. or warm the pidtol up under your armpits.

pp

Rayee is offline I don't need a gun; I've got an attack butterfly.
    Sounds like sound advice chaps, many thanks.

It's an all metal gun - would silicon turn to grit as the metal surfaces rub?
    Toilet trained since March

taurus

hi i have the taurus in 4.5mm the gsg 92 i put a little LT2 gun grease on the slide rails on my gsg 92 and sig p226 x-five and luger po8 and silicone oil on the seal and a drop of gun oil on the sears .and they all run very well .atb mark