Thread: collecting a steyr lp2 compact tomorrow

collecting a steyr lp2 compact tomorrow

Hi Guys,
    i am after some advice as im new to pcp is it ok to use a stirrup pump to fill the cyclinder on a pistol like this ,or is it best to get a dive bottle.
    Any advice would be appreciated.
    Bob

I use both a pump and bottle on my Steyr pistols. It will be fine.

Just ensure you open the drain valve on the pump every 50 or so pumps to let the moisture out. This probably means by unscrewing the Steyr cylinder from off the adaptor. Just opening the bleed screw with the cylinder attached will empty it.

HTH

Mark

Thanks Mark, would you recommend a particular pump or are they all much the same.

I've got a Hill's one.

The main advantage is is easy to get seals for and service it yourself.

They do a dry pack add on, but I don't really think it makes much difference.

Just keep it well maintained and open the drain valve every 50 pumps and you will not have a moisture issue.

HTH

Mark

stirrup pump

There is a clue in the reply, although I have never used one I believe it takes an awful lot of pump stroked to charge the cylinder with a stirrup pump

Just keep it well maintained and open the drain valve every 50 pumps and you will not have a moisture issue

A dive bottle charged up seems to last forever, I have had my gin for 6 months now and maybe shot 8 tins and the bottle is still charging the gun fully.

Gin

Of course I did not mean Gin

I meant Brandy lol

Hi,

Yes, from 100bar my Steyr pistol cylinder takes about 50 pump strokes to fill it to 200bar.

At this point I disconnect the cylinder and open the drain valve. I then let the pump cool before pumping the next cylinder.

HTH

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Cones View Post
    Hi,

Yes, from 100bar my Steyr pistol cylinder takes about 50 pump strokes to fill it to 200bar.

At this point I disconnect the cylinder and open the drain valve. I then let the pump cool before pumping the next cylinder.

HTH

Mark
    Not the thing to do during a competition

No.

Best done at home the day before.

Mark

LP2 Compact

I have an LP2 Compact - its fab!

I use a pair of scuba bottles which where full to 300 bar - 3 years ago and are just coming to the point where they need re-charging

The LP2 requires 70psi to operate (I emailed their tech people and asked the question. The pump is not a viable option for competition - some clubs have compressors which work brilliant, but are beyond the reach of most shooters.

I had Midland Marine build the adaptor to go from the scuba bottles to the adaptor supplied with the LP2

The major problem I have now, is the price of a spare cylinder for the pistol - they are£140 plus.

I believe the possible introduction of moisture into the internals of the pistol would be serious - hence if you are about to shell out £1100+ on a pistol suggest buying a scuba bottle set up rather than a pump

The Doctor is offline It's my birthday and I'll cry if I want to
    Where are you buying your spare cylinders from ? As far as I know new cylinders for the lp variants are £115 ?

Lee
    Please tear carefully along the perforation.

hows it going?

just wondered how you are getting on with the lp2? i'm looking to buy one ...would appreciate your views. thanks