Thread: Feinwerkbau sport valuation ?

Feinwerkbau sport valuation ?

Hi ive got a feinwerkbau sport mkii which i bought in the eighties i think, its a.177 and in pretty good nick asside from a few small marks its had a new spring and a service recently and the open sights are missing could someone give me an idea of its value ? Thanks steve

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Hi Steve and welcome to Collectors Corner (best bit of the BBS by a country mile). Difficult without photos and confirmation of calibre matey, so blind, it could be anywhere between £125 and £275. Try posting a few photos via a link to an external photo hosting site, as that will give us more to go on . Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Hi Steve,

Yes, Gareth is in the right ball park with his valuation and as he has said, a few photo's would help, if you had the open sights this would increase the value.

Prices are a bit odd at the moment -To help give you some idea I have 5 FWB Sports, 4 MK1's and a MK2 which is now wearing the more desireable MK1 stock.

I have very recently aquired a MK1 .22 with a decent scope and one piece mount in very nice condition all the blueing is there, just a few marks and the stock is lovely with just a couple of marks and a few very minor indentations for £ 170.00, but I bought a very near mint MK1 .22 in 2007 for £ 265.00

Hope this helps

Regards

Ian

Rather than flog it Steve, why not just enjoy shooting her once again. A cracking gun.
    Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

Feinwerkbau sport valuation pictures

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Hi Steve and welcome to Collectors Corner (best bit of the BBS by a country mile). Difficult without photos and confirmation of calibre matey, so blind, it could be anywhere between £125 and £275. Try posting a few photos via a link to an external photo hosting site, as that will give us more to go on . Atb: G.
    Thanks for the reply Gareth. Here is a link to pictures of my feinwerkbau. http://www.photoshop.com/users/faz68...debe78de931c8/
    It's a 177 calibre. Thanks, Steve.

Mate

That's a 127 in .22, missing both front and rear sights.

Minus the scope I would say about 175

Front and rear sights will set you back 50-60 quid.

Matty
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

does calibre affect price

Quote Originally Posted by MattyBoy View Post
    Mate

That's a 127 in .22, missing both front and rear sights.

Minus the scope I would say about 175

Front and rear sights will set you back 50-60 quid.

Matty
    hi your right it does say 127 which is .22 but i bought this from new with a.177 barrel does this affect the price cheers steve

The 'identity' of your FWB is stamped on the rear of the action with the Serial number,
    so in reality you have a 127 fitted with a .177 barrel, albeit that both the 124 and 127 actions are identical - except for the stamped 'identity'!

ATB
    Eric
    Demic, miserable, grumpy old git! Feinwerkbau Sport Appreciation Society.
    I don't mind what sexual, religious or political persuasion you are, just don't impose them on me!!

Whether having a .177 barrel on a 127 cylinder reduces its value would probably depend on who was buying. A collector or someone for whom owning the rifle is partly about its history as a classic might care but someone who bought it to shoot probably wouldn't, especially since as Eric says, there is no difference between the 124 and 127 mechanically. Obviously swapping barrel calibres can have implications for muzzle energy but otherwise it makes no difference.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

.177 is worth more than a .22. A nice example of a Sport is worth £175. Scopes and other added items unless an Optima or period Tasco add little £25. No open sights is a minus. So £175 with toys it will sell. More then it will take some time. Mint make over £200. Rough £125 which is good considering anything else would make less than a ton.

Second hand sales are tough at present.