Thread: Original Model 6

Original Model 6

Can anyone help with a valuation for this pistol?. It is .177 with very minor pitting to the barrel and cylinder. The case was custom made by the previous owner and the name is just written in tippex so will be removed fairly easily.

http://www.photobox.co.uk/my/album/s...m_id=690405072

Thanks

Jason

paul4be is offline Everything has an end, only the sausage has two
    Does it need or has it been resealed??

The name painted on will affect the value as well at the moment.

For your info, I sold one in better condition, but needing seals for about £50.

I would clean it up and get rid of the name first mate.
    Good deals with: ali d (twice), mattinlondon, mikemorton, jonboy, the wizard, Moza, markH, fok, gunslinger, Fisherman1, bigwull, mikewareing, TwoTitans,hairydog, airguns, dcl dave, Stuart B, mattie, Locksley, MARK, albrown, kjud, spud, gedfinn2, wasteoid, bullcelt, bunnysniper, wasteoid, pokeandhope, honda+more

Maybe £50 in this tough market? But add £20 if the seals have been replaced recently, because if it has the original seals they are likely to need replacing soon enough.

If this valuation is correct, it's a ridiculously low price for a very well-engineered pistol that is capable of achieving near-match accuracy with virtually zero recoil. If I was looking to buy a spring pistol to plink with, this is the model I would buy. Compared to anything you could buy new for under £100, it represents far better value for money.

Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Thanks for your reply, the name will be removed before sale.

I was expecting its value would be around £50ish

Cheers

Jason

Just be careful what you remove the tippex with, some solvents may damage the plastic. Maybe something a bit safer like white spirit?
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

paul4be is offline Everything has an end, only the sausage has two
    Quote Originally Posted by air-tech View Post
    Just be careful what you remove the tippex with, some solvents may damage the plastic. Maybe something a bit safer like white spirit?
    Try your finger nail first, it may just flake off. Be careful through, the plastic is not that hard.
    Good deals with: ali d (twice), mattinlondon, mikemorton, jonboy, the wizard, Moza, markH, fok, gunslinger, Fisherman1, bigwull, mikewareing, TwoTitans,hairydog, airguns, dcl dave, Stuart B, mattie, Locksley, MARK, albrown, kjud, spud, gedfinn2, wasteoid, bullcelt, bunnysniper, wasteoid, pokeandhope, honda+more

I sold an almost minter for £80 tother week..they don't fetch what they deserve imho..

Quote Originally Posted by hwvixen View Post
    I sold an almost minter for £80 tother week..they don't fetch what they deserve imho..
    I bought the Diana Model 6 from hwvixen and it shoots great. Like Garvin says its fantastic value for money compared to my 1950 Webley Senior .177. Not as powerful but a smooth as silk trigger.

As its slightly pitted £70

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Anchorman View Post
    I bought the Diana Model 6 from hwvixen and it shoots great. Like Garvin says its fantastic value for money compared to my 1950 Webley Senior .177. Not as powerful but a smooth as silk trigger.

As its slightly pitted £70

Dave
    Forgot to state mine has just had new seals fitted so price reflects that as they cost £20 from Chambers
    Dave

Thanks for all your help, I have now advertised the pistol in the for sale section

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....Model-6-pistol

Cheers

Jason