Thread: Greetings from Cornwall

Greetings from Cornwall

Hello All,

Just getting started really. I've never owned an air rifle before, but am looking to get into FT and HFT this year.

Presently I'm doing my home work trying to work out exactly what "kit" I need and want. I think I'm going for a BSA R-10 (read about the numerous issues, but it's a lot of gun for the money and even if I have it blue printed works out considerably cheaper than a HW100) paired with a MTC mamba lite, but I'm unsure if I want the 44 or 50 .... There's also a few abbreviations that mean nothing to me that I need to research to be sure I fully understand what I'm getting.

Also looking for the local clubs etc..

Cheers

Rod

hi and welcome

Rod, before you spend your readies please pop in to a club and have a natter and try out various bits of kit.

There happens to be a S400 for sale in your region right now, with a walnut FT stock and a BSA 10-50 scope on it, absolutely ideal start rig for FT.

If you fancy the ride up to Shebbear then come and see us, no obligation, just try some gear and get advice from open-minded individuals with no axe to grind. We are about an hour from Inniss Downs if that helps.

Rich
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

Hi Rod,

Cornwall FTC is based a few miles the Redruth side of Truro. About 35-40 minutes drive depending on traffic.

I am secretary of the club so please e-mail me for details (e-mail as in profile) if you are interested.

I have the rifle Rich mentioned that I am selling on behalf of a former club member who has decided to go into clays and fullbore rifle. The rifle would be a cracking ready to go FT capable outfit for less than the cost of a new rifle on its own, all you need to do is zero the scope.

Sounds as if you are well on the way Rod ......

It’s a friendly place with a slippery slope so welcome & enjoy the stay …………..

Hello again,

Thanks for the pointers chaps, rockdrill you have PM as I failed to find your Email

On another note ...

Is it a post count thing before I can see the for sale section ?

Thanks

Rod