Thread: Bench Rest Advice Sought

Bench Rest Advice Sought

I am looking for a suitable bench rest for shooting UKBR22, can anyone give me any advice on what to buy.

I want to try and future proof it so would rather spend a little bit more than just getting a basic model, I was thinking of something along the lines of the Caldwell Rock BR Competition, unless anyone can give me any better advice.

This will be for a 177 air rifle and not a 22 rimfire well at the moment anyway.

Nicky
    Team Kibworth 2011 UKAHFT.
    Proud to be part of the Daystate UKAHFT winning team 2010.
    http://www.cambridgehft.co.uk/

Thumbs up Benchrest

Hi Mate
    What sort of money are you looking to spend on the rest, the Shooters Ridge is about the cheapest at £74.00 , the Caldwell BR is about £200.00 , then the Hyscore £230.00 , then a Hart at £378.00 , and a Cicognani Rest about £450- 500.00 , then a Ransom £584.00 , then last a Seb about £550 - 600.00. prices approx !

I like the Cicognani Rest and so do a lot of bench rest shooters but they are hard to find secondhand ! or you can get one new from Italy.

There's nothing wrong with the Caldwell BR though at just under £200.00

Regards
    Steve

Bench rest

[QUOTE=deerhunter1978;4844135]Hi Mate
    What sort of money are you looking to spend on the rest, the Shooters Ridge is about the cheapest at £74.00 , the Caldwell BR is about £200.00 , then the Hyscore £230.00 , then a Hart at £378.00 , and a Cicognani Rest about £450- 500.00 , then a Ransom £584.00 , then last a Seb about £550 - 600.00. prices approx !

I like the Cicognani Rest and so do a lot of bench rest shooters but they are hard to find secondhand ! or you can get one new from Italy.

There's nothing wrong with the Caldwell BR though at just under £200.00

Good info/advice from Steve

Quite a few of our club BR shooters use the Caldwell BR which can sometimes be picked up at about £170. It's a good value rest. The SEB is a very well made and heavy joystick rest, top quality but expensive

ATB
    John
    hold me back !!

Bench Rest

Thanks guy's I think a Caldwell Rock may be the answer but I have a Hoppes one as a basic one and see how I get on with that before I decide to upgrade.

Nicky
    Team Kibworth 2011 UKAHFT.
    Proud to be part of the Daystate UKAHFT winning team 2010.
    http://www.cambridgehft.co.uk/

If you're only going to use the rest for air rifle don't waste money on the high end stuff, the Caldwell is well up to the job and it's worth paying the extra for the windage adjustment, no pratting about with move the rear bag about.
    Robb H
    My Toys:-

FWB P70FT+Elite 4200 6-24x40.
    Sako Range+Leupold VXIII6.5-20x40 EFR.
    Anschutz 1407 + B & L 36x
    Marlin .38 CBC Underlever+Marbles tang sight.
    Remington 12c Pump action.
    Martini Henry Bonehill conversion with Greener Barrel.

What next

Speak your truth quietly & clearly and listen to others,
    even the dull & ignorant, they too have their story.

Buxted County HFT Republic of Crowzilla Sussex
    I have one of this blokes rests in fact as they are all hand made and slightly bespoke I am pretty sure that this one is mine. Sir Brian has polished it for me and it now looks like chrome. The material alone over here would cost somewhere near what I paid for the rest to my door. Great bloke to deal with to. Comes standard this one with a windage top and all adjustments are super fine and smooth. All for the price of a new Caldwell Rock.

Andy
    Buxted HFT Garage Guns are Us. Home of Crowzilla Doppers doughnut corner and SiHFT winners 2007 2008 2009 2010 2017 2018 2019.