Thread: Webley alecto scope

Webley alecto scope

Hi,I am looking for advise on the alecto .22 cal.I visited sandwell fieldsports today & test fired a webley alecto,anyhow after a few minutes testing on the range,i felt it fitted the bill for me,so i bought one.
    I am now looking for advise on the best reasonably priced red dot scope,the reason i need one is my eyes become a little blared on occations,so i thought maybe a red dot optical sight would help.Problem is wich one should i go for,after looking on the net there seems to be a lot of confusion as what sight to use for the alecto.

Has anyone any experience with fitting a scope on this pistol,if so what one did you use and where to buy from please.Sandwell where out of stock on red dots when i bought the pistol today.

Thanks in advance
    Paul.

Hi and welcome to the forum.
    I've never tried a red dot on my Alecto but I have used a Hawke one on a pistol crossbow http://www.ronniesunshines.com/hawke...ght-p-324.html it seemed to work well enough and was a definate improvement over open sights for me.
    My Club: http://www.wendoverarc.co.uk
    Rifles: Air Arms S400 - Air Arms TX200HC - Webley MkII Service Rifle - BSA Imp Model D
    Pistols: Webley Seniors - Webley Juniors - Beretta 92FS - Cobra Crossbow

itsaheadshot Guest
    Hi try a Walther PS22 red dot

You are aware of the problem if fitting a sight to the Alecto?

Weaver rail but with no slots milled out to accommodate the mount fixing bolts, I have heard nikko stirling do a mount for the Alecto but not seen any in the flesh.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by ikarma70 View Post
    You are aware of the problem if fitting a sight to the Alecto?

Weaver rail but with no slots milled out to accommodate the mount fixing bolts, I have heard nikko stirling do a mount for the Alecto but not seen any in the flesh.
    Yes i have noticed a few threads about the bolt issue,been trawling the net for hours trying to find something suitable.Noticed that there is one slot milled out on the top rail just behind the front sight,don't know if this was for that reason,only bought pistol today no wonder the sales guy said he had no red dots suitable.

thanks for the replies guys every little helps.

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    If you find something with a single bolt mount (military style) the bolt will be large enough to let you safely file a flat on one side to allow mounting on a rail with no slots,
    Regards,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

red dot sight on alecto

I have a BSA 30mm red/green dot sight with weaver fitting which goes straight onto my Alecto. Works very well. Bought it on e-bay for about £25 incl post.
    Divebuddy, BSA Ultra .177 MS (Tench regged)
    BSA Scorpion .177 SS (Tench regged),Theoben Fenman .177 carbine.
    Webley Alecto, Beeman 2004E & Walther CP99 pistols .177

Quote Originally Posted by fabia14 View Post
    Yes i have noticed a few threads about the bolt issue,been trawling the net for hours trying to find something suitable.Noticed that there is one slot milled out on the top rail just behind the front sight,don't know if this was for that reason,only bought pistol today no wonder the sales guy said he had no red dots suitable.

thanks for the replies guys every little helps.
    There were no slots milled on mine, but there is one I did myself with a file. Could it have been pics of mine that you saw? There's also pics of UK Neil's who milled proper square picatinny style slots.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam77K View Post
    There were no slots milled on mine, but there is one I did myself with a file. Could it have been pics of mine that you saw? There's also pics of UK Neil's who milled proper square picatinny style slots.
    No its not yours i have seen,it was actually on the one i bought new yesterday from Sandwell fieldsports.

Quote Originally Posted by fabia14 View Post
    No its not yours i have seen,it was actually on the one i bought new yesterday from Sandwell fieldsports.
    Interesting, any chance you could post a photo?

itsaheadshot Guest
    Hi the newer versions of the Alectro have a channel milled so it allows the connecting bolt to go through. The problem is the channel is that far forward when you put a red dot on its too far forward. Hence my recommendation on using a PS22 see this link http://www.solware.co.uk/air-pistol-...t-Pistol.shtml