Thread: Hi from the West Mids.

Hi from the West Mids.

Just a note to say hello!

I've just joined a local club with my 12y.o. son, who wanted to have a go at shooting. We haven't got an air rifle yet, but the club have some airguns we can borrow for plinking while we are deciding what's best to get.

I've been browsing about on forums and talking to a friend who does FT comps to get some ideas. Now need to visit some shops to see what he could comfortably hold.

Knibbs country store in Shustoke is a good bet they have a number on display you can hold for comfort etc they have a good selection of used guns a good way to get a little better rifle for. Little less money
    A few air rifles and pistols Daystate Owners Club

Thanks. I'm about 30min drive from there according Google maps, so might visit them this weekend.

Do they have a range where you can test fire a gun?

Mr Magoo is offline Should Have Gone to SecsPavers
    Hello and Welcome to the BBS.

You are doing the right thing in trying different airguns before you decide to buy one.

Try as many as you can at the local club and the local gun shops.

When you find a particular gun that suits your needs, have look at the For sale section on the BBS to find some bargains. You need a minimum number of posts before you can access the sales section.

Good Luck.

ATB

hi

Hello mate,

welcome, my favourite gun shop in west mids is Sandwell field sports - out towards Dudley Google it and youll get the address. Believe they have a small range you can try before you buy.

ATB

Mike

Knibbs don't have a range as such but they do have an area you can try before you buy if you go onto guntrader website search under dealer there list of stocked guns are on there it's kept up to date on a good regular basis
    A few air rifles and pistols Daystate Owners Club

Thanks, we will be checking out both John Knibbs and the Sandwell shop. I intend to get a mid-range gun and scope to start with that we don't get fed up because we can never hit anything........or if that does turn out to be the case then we will know we can't blame the kit!

hi and welcome