Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone used a colt co2 gold gup trophy pistol?

Anyone used a colt co2 gold gup trophy pistol?

Hi folks, hope your all well. Having been an air gunner a while, I have over the years owned a few different types of co 2 pistol including the cp99, beretta 92f and more recently a colt. they are great fun and am keen to maybe get into the practical pistol scene and also use one on the air gun range at my club in Bristol.
    however, one feature of all the guns I have previously owned is a very strong trigger pull required, which made more accurate target shooting somewhat difficult. I m looking to buy a co2 pistol and have been looking at the colt gold cup trophy co2 pistols which claim to have a better trigger and also glanced at the cp88 trophy model to. I was just wondering if anyone out there has used or own one of these and what their thoughts on them are and also, if anyone out there has any recommendations as to where to buy them.cheapest knave seethe colts is 247 for the black and £267 for the nickel.
    for those of you who get back, thanks for taking the time to reply and it's much appreciated.
    Mike

You can pick up the Colt cheaper than that. Allsports in Gloucester should be able to get you one. I recently bought a Dark Ops version from a dealer in Bristol for £184 pre VAT hike. The black version was cheaper, around the £160 mark.
    The Gold cup will be more difficult to find as I think it is discontinued.
    Which club are you in in Bristol?

also check your PMs
    Jef
    AKA Porthos, a Piskateer of Renown.
    I am a pistaholic, and proud of it

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    The early Umarex 8-shot 1911s had a heavy one peice trigger - all of them.
    The later Umarex 8-shot 1911s have a lighter, smoother two piece trigger mechanism.
    The later trigger can be fitted to an older pistol but internal machining is required on the frame and setting up afterwards requires that you understand how the mag advance works so you can tune it.
    The only real difference between the standard models & Gold Cups are the bolt-on goodies - aftermarket grips, extended slide release, mag release & extended and/or ambi safety and beavertail grip safety.
    It's a shame Umarex didn't bother to fit a Colt Gold Cup style rearsight, that would have required alternate machining of the frame halves before finishing though, not just bolting on.
    Functionally the Umarex Gold Cups are the same as the standard 1911s made at the same time - nice though
    ATB,
    Nick
    Last edited by magicniner; 11-03-2011 at 05:41 PM.
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

hey guys thanks for the messages, answer to the first one is that I shoot at east bristol rifle and pistol club, but have access to the military range at raf lyneham if needed.
    as for the pistols, thank you for the tech spec on the pistol. I have contacted action air shooting who fully customise and upgrade pistols, seems £340 gets you a very nice upgraded colt co2 with you being able to spend considerably more should you wish.
    but definately lovely guns!

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Quote Originally Posted by rafpilot2000 View Post
    hey guys thanks for the messages, answer to the first one is that I shoot at east bristol rifle and pistol club, but have access to the military range at raf lyneham if needed.
    as for the pistols, thank you for the tech spec on the pistol. I have contacted action air shooting who fully customise and upgrade pistols, seems £340 gets you a very nice upgraded colt co2 with you being able to spend considerably more should you wish.
    but definately lovely guns!
    You won't regret that route if you choose it, Steve Taylor really knows his way around the inside of the 1911
    ATB,
    Nick

I would highly recommend Action Air Shooting. They supplied my CP88 with tuned slide, hammer and trigger and it is excellent.

Absolutely, definitely going to be taking up their services, just a question of what mods people can recommend.
    I fully appreciate that most people start with a basic model and then work up, but being an RAF pilot and a lover of 'gucci kit' I'm looking for a gun that will take me from beginner to competitive.
    Also, may well be getting involved in starting an RAF team, so whilst I am very much a colt fan I would be grateful if anyone can recommend any other commonly used pistol other than revolvers.
    Cheers
    Mike

Speak to Steve or Mark at Action Air, and see what options you feel are comfortable for you.

Both are good people who "walk the walk", and are happy to demo their kit face to face if you can get along to an IPAS match.

There's a lot of work goes into Steve's guns, and it shows.
    I went a bit mad with mine because I'm a tart!

<Clicky Linky>
    "Improvise, adapt and overcome."

I can count to potato.

Delta, have to say it's a great looking gun...though not sure about the jewel on the end:-)
    Will probably call into their shop when I get back from my Arabian adventures and go a bit wild.

sol1821 is offline I'm back from resting, and I have the Jaffacakes!!
    I’ve got 2 gold cups,

They are very good guns, as Nick says its only the outside bits that are different apart from the ambi safety.

All the extended stuff is much easier and faster to use, so if you’re considering using it for any speed shooting events where knocking the safety off and changing mags is involved choose the gold up.

Btw hello everyone
    Particle physics gives me a hadron.
    Sliced bread.
    The best thing since ripped up bread.

Quote Originally Posted by sol1821 View Post
    Btw hello everyone
    Welcome back Sol

Yay, Sol's back
    Now make sure you behave.
    Jef
    AKA Porthos, a Piskateer of Renown.
    I am a pistaholic, and proud of it

I’ve got 2 gold cups,

They are very good guns, as Nick says its only the outside bits that are different apart from the ambi safety.

All the extended stuff is much easier and faster to use, so if you’re considering using it for any speed shooting events where knocking the safety off and changing mags is involved choose the gold up.

Btw hello everyone
    Fluff Me Pink!
    Sol Old Bean,
    Jolly good to have you back! I've missed your input around here
    ATB,
    Nick

sol1821 is offline I'm back from resting, and I have the Jaffacakes!!
    cheers guys,

Where is everyone? Things seem awfully slow around here now
    Particle physics gives me a hadron.
    Sliced bread.
    The best thing since ripped up bread.

cheers guys,

Where is everyone? Things seem awfully slow around here now
    Sol,
    We all followed you to

http://umarexboysclubforum.myfineforum.org/forum16.php