Thread: Webley Mark III collector value

Webley Mark III collector value

I have a late model (1965 ish) .22 Mark 3 in very good condition. I am debating whether to take off the spot welded strip that serves as a scope mount, file off all signs of the spot welds, mill two 60 degree scope mounting grooves in the cylinder 10mm apart and then re-blue the cylinder. I'm sure I can do this work sufficiently competently that it will look as if it came that way from the factory.

My question is, if I go ahead, will the modification increase or decrease the value of the gun.

webley mark 3 collector value

It will most definitely DE- value it. Don`t do it.
    Obviusly it is your rifle your choice but it will devalue it should you wish to sell it, imho.

pp

Hi

You will devalue your Rifle ..Have some fun use open sights, on your Webley Mark111 ..Get a newer rifle ie HW 77k and use this with a scope if you have to..The Webley Mark111 you can think of as being the last of the true Lincoln Jefferies design to be manufactured ...Please don't spoil a classic...

Regard's

Inproved

modifying mk III

As said above, you will make your Webley worth less if you ever decide to sell. If you were content it would make it better as a personal item to keep long-term you would probably have gone ahead and not sought opinions. Just to confuse things, R.B.Townshend in his book "The Complete Air-Gunner" mentions a friend fitting a telescopic sight to an airgun "with complete success". This was written in 1907!

Torrens