Thread: sightron siii 3.5x10 x56

sightron siii 3.5x10 x56

not seen many sightron reviews on here so will share this , received it on friday morning and fitted it to my cz452 .17 hmr with sportsmatch mounts .
    first impressions were very positive with the scope feeling and looking very solid , went out into the field and set up at 30 yds 70 yds and 100 yds , i like to use plain paper with a 10p outline to sight in and after 3 shots at 30yds was bang on , same story at 70 yds and slightly high at 100yds (as i expected)after a further 10 shots all to within a 10p size target i was happy to say it was sorted . rezeroed the turrets and took it off zero by 1.5 inches then returned it to zero and was straight back on target.
    the setting up was the easiest i have done for a long time and the precise feel to the windage and elevation was the best i have had .
    the reticule is a no 4 (german style) with an illuminated centre dot which for my purposes is brilliant .
    now to the all important optics all i can say is WOW , clearest image i have ever had on a scope and the side parallax crisps it all up to perfection .
    in all i would say in my opinion for the money there is very little else that comes close to the quality of this scope in all areas , i am yet to see how well it holds zero over a period of time but dont believe this will be a problem if the rest is anything to go by .

Pete
    i want to die peacefully in my sleep just like my grandad , not kicking and screaming like the others in the car.

Parabuteo is offline My Chrony has bought it a couple of times...
    Thanks for that Pete,

I am very interested in Sightron as I have just got into Full bore and have been advised to go for their 8-32x56 for my F/TR rifle when I finally get the thing...which is some way off but worth planning for.

Your comments seem to be well in line with what a lot of my colleagues have been saying, and the on line reviews.

Certainly the F and F/TR shooters in my club love the 8-32x56.

John at AIM is a really nice bloke too, they sound a bit like another MTC, a real gem.

Enjoy
    I'm a maggot in another life you know

Quote Originally Posted by Parabuteo View Post
    Your comments seem to be well in line with what a lot of my colleagues have been saying, and the on line reviews.

John at AIM is a really nice bloke too, they sound a bit like another MTC, a real gem.

Enjoy
    Yep, haven't got one but saw them at Bisley in the summer and the scopes and binos that I looked at seemed very impressive and if I'm in the market for another decent scope, these will be on my consideration list.

The chaps on the stand were really helpful as well.

S3 range best VFM on the market right now, period.
    Marksmanship = Accuracy, Consistency, Observation and a little of The Force
    SharpshootingUK www.sharpshootinguk.com

Quote Originally Posted by richness View Post
    S3 range best VFM on the market right now, period.
    I'll second that, I bought the 10-50x60 1/8 moa for my Remmy to compete in the F-TR league and I can't really fault it.

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by 20series View Post
    I'll second that, I bought the 10-50x60 1/8 moa for my Remmy to compete in the F-TR league and I can't really fault it.

Alan
    You like the 50, some folk were saying they thought the 32 was better. I am aiming to go F-TR eventually, just starting out at the mo, so I am getting hold of a starter rifle I can use later for other things (Its a KV67, mauser action Norgie target rifle, shoots nice in .308/7.62).

The glass will come next, so we will see. I can use it on the konnie, then pop the aperture sighst back on later.

Really fancy the Dolphin Guns FTR rifle TBH

Quote Originally Posted by Parabuteo View Post
    You like the 50, some folk were saying they thought the 32 was better. I am aiming to go F-TR eventually, just starting out at the mo, so I am getting hold of a starter rifle I can use later for other things (Its a KV67, mauser action Norgie target rifle, shoots nice in .308/7.62).

The glass will come next, so we will see. I can use it on the konnie, then pop the aperture sighst back on later.

Really fancy the Dolphin Guns FTR rifle TBH
    I liked the idea of the 1/8MOA adjustment, in fairness maybe not needed but I'm running at about 40x Mag which seems to suit so a good compromise.
    As for rifles, the Dolphin rifle is nice I don't like the AICS stock from an ergonomic point of view. Mik is developing a new stock which should be available soon and I might see if that suits me,

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by 20series View Post
    I liked the idea of the 1/8MOA adjustment, in fairness maybe not needed but I'm running at about 40x Mag which seems to suit so a good compromise.
    As for rifles, the Dolphin rifle is nice I don't like the AICS stock from an ergonomic point of view. Mik is developing a new stock which should be available soon and I might see if that suits me,

Alan
    Yes, the 1/8th sounds ideal for long range, one of this years 8x32 is in 1/8th flavour to is'nt it?

I quite like the idea of the AICS, and have a pinned wrist, so I like thumbholey stocks.

Several of our club have AICS stocks so I have had several offers to shoot before I buy.

Not 100% sure about the mouldings, but they seem very stable.

Gotta learn to walk before I can run though...all good stuff.

Been a hell of a long time since I shot anything with a bolt..heh heh