Thread: Relum Tornado

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    hotspot Guest
    Hi all,

As a young teenager back on the 80's I had a tornado...at the time I was petty good with it.. I had no problems repeatedly hitting a 2p coin from the end of my garden (probably about 25 yards)...I used to be very proud of that

Mine also had an ox mainspring. It would happily punch holes through 1/4" roofing slates...or anything else you pointed it at for that matter (much to my dad's dismay )....as a 13 year old it never occurred to me that it was probably way over the limit.

A bit rough around the edges but well worth the pittance that they sold for!

Thanks for the trip down memory lane

Martin

urx is offline 2,602.00 GBP −10.00 (0.38%) at the close
    when I first started shooting I had a salvaged bsa meteor and my mate had a relum tornado, wouldnt say either were brilliantly engineered compared to what can be had for not much these days, but they were good enough for the time and I spent many an afternoon after school wandering around the local derelict land giving tincans a really hard time for as long as my cheapo milbro caledonian pellets lasted 8)
    the relum seemed slightly more powerful and probably was....good days
    Gun control means using both hands.

Deep Guest

Tornado

My second rifle was a tornado ( first was a little Milbro and i wore it out). I wanted an underlever, i especially wanted a W+Scott mk 3 but was well pleased with the Relum ( SUCKER that i was then ) This was 70s and catalogues selling guns and tall tales from friends was the only source of knowledge.My friends with a mk3 and early airsporter werent very impressed but i could hold my own with it and i never found it innacurate but it didnt hold a candle in the looks dept. So one Xmas my mate gets a his second brand new break barrel Relum from Kays catalogue after the first one broke. I had the tornado about 18 months by now and only tuning it had was 3in1 oil regularly.
    So one day he brags about how powerfull his gun is and we argued . So to settle we found a tin can with a thick base . They were thicker then and the only way to chrono your gun we knew off. I went first and put a healthy dent in this can. He took his turn and the little S**t went straight through this can.
    I took the humilliation well for a teenager. I beat him up on the spot and bought an airsporter mk6 asap.